Sign in to follow this  

FCR MX Upgrade

Just wanted to give thanks to TT, Eddie, and all others who assisted and gave me input on my FCR install. I got her back together a couple of days ago….not only did she fire right up, she screams!

I had to reduce my idle a bit, but havn’t messed with the fuel screw. The engine seems to purr pretty good….

I learned a lot and know I have a lot more to learn. Thanks again.

I would like to throw my Thanks in here as well.

I installed mine a couple weeks ago, actually got the bike dirty last weekend and can't wait to get out again.

I would say... without a dout... the FCR makes it a different bike. I have a few other mods... but even with my fat butt on it... I can hang with by sport bike buddies. Actually... My XB12Ss Buell hasn't even been ridden since the DRZ project was completed.

Ordered my FCR39 from OTD directly and had Eddie do all the jetting and choke shortening for me. I'm not only lazy but not so mechanically incline :thumbsup:

The ordering part went well, but had to immediately send the carb back for the choke shortening; someone dropped the ball :applause:

Just installed this afternoon and took me about two hours with setup and tear down of my tools and work area. The stock carb came out in about 30 minutes of removing items before it actually came out.

Getting the FCR39 in was not nearly as easy though. The top of the frame is really in the way when trying to get the darn thing in. But two coffee breaks and 40 minutes of playing with it got the S boot to pop on (that was the sound it made when it did go on too :) The top throttle return cable is really tight against the motor mount bracket but does just squeeze in.

Like every carb from Eddie it fired up on one turn of the starter :lol: Ran down the road for 1/2 mile after warm up and notice a lot of decel popping. Asked Eddie why and he said the fuel screw needs another 1/2 turn but a little popping with a full open MRD/SSW exhaust is normal.

Couldn't tell if the bike had anymore power or not from the short run. Will adjust the fuel screw and take it out tomorrow for a good long run. I had the JD kit on the stock carb and it was pretty good in itself. Might sell it after I'm through a few good rides with the new FCR.