Hey you NorthWet (west) guys...any of you...

I did it all of one winter, when I had no car. A long time ago. The key was having a place at work to hang rain gear and change out of boots. Rain-ex on the full face helmet shield helped a lot.

Did it for years. commuting from Kent to Dt Seattle. Harley in the summer, BMW in the winter.. The car pool lane is the way to go..Not to mention pitching it sideways in the rain...I kind of miss that.. sometimes... on second thought.. No I dont..The commute that is..

My commute is a short 7 mile country road to the ferry terminal and then a few blocks downtown. I do it rain or shine all year. Being a dirt biker foremost I thought a dual sport was the way to go. However, they suck butt in the braking department and don't pass slow cars very well.?

Since my speed is less than 50 mph I don't get cold but I wear a water resistant one-piece suit and some underlayers too.

I'd proly avoid commuting too much if I lived on the central Puget Sound side. Too many cars. :banana:

Sure, a lot of people do it - except when it snows or there is ice, which there was none this year on the wetside - at least not in the lowlands.

But I don't do it. I am totally a fair weather rider. Part of that is the fact that when I was a kid the only way I could get around was on a bicycle, and I grew to hate being rained on, and being cold. The other part is that I do have a car, and I ride bikes for the fun, not for commuting.

My commute is a short 7 mile country road to the ferry terminal and then a few blocks downtown. I do it rain or shine all year. Being a dirt biker foremost I thought a dual sport was the way to go. However, they suck butt in the braking department and don't pass slow cars very well.?

Since my speed is less than 50 mph I don't get cold but I wear a water resistant one-piece suit and some underlayers too.

I'd proly avoid commuting too much if I lived on the central Puget Sound side. Too many cars. :banana:

That's what I'm looking at - a 4 mile ride to the Southworth Ferry, then a 10 mile ride to Southcenter (which has many possible routes).

2 years now from Key peninsula to Southworth ferry to Boeing field and Everett on my FZ1 and a old H-D springer (only on dry days) . It could be done on a dual-sport no problem. I have Gerbing heated jacket and gloves, could not do it without them. I got caught in a pretty heavy snow near downtown Seattle, not good, but I stay nice and toasty with the heated gear. Ride away!

What kind of dual sport do you ride? I have been thinking of getting a dual sport at some point when i am in college because Ellensburg is a small enough town that it would be easy to get anywhere and still be able to ride up in the woods.