Sign in to follow this  

Another CRF 50 gets new boingers

Another good friend/racing buddy (beaulies on here) decided he wanted the same suspension on his son's bike that we put on my son's bike. His boy is a Ryan Dungy fan, so he gets new plastic and graphics too:

031210002.jpg

031210004.jpg

With my boy's bike:

031210005.jpg

I'll probably be building another one soon:

031210006.jpg

Mine's almost done, I got the parts yesterday, installed most of it last night. I used the same parts as you for the most part. I'll post it up as soon as it's ready. :banana:

those are some sweet CRF50s. how & where did you get one like that?

One has BBR supension, the other two have BXM suspension. The BXM stuff is cheaper, but looks suspiciously similar to most of the BBR stuff. :banana:

The performance is identical, and durability is great so far.

My son's '08 (#113) and Sawyer's '07 (#10) have 6" front ends, a +2" swingarms, and 10.5" adjustable shocks. I have the forks slipped 3/4" in the triple clamps right now.

Logan's (#522) BBR stuff is basically the same, except for a 5" front end and an I-shock on the rear. Logan's CRF is an '04.

It's almost like having a mini that jumps and handles like a KTM/LEM/Cobra/etc., but they can ride the wheels off of it and you don't have to deal with top ends and clutches on a daily basis. Change the oil, clean the air filter, adjust the chain. They are quiet too, and that works well for our yard track.

Mine's almost done, I got the parts yesterday, installed most of it last night. I used the same parts as you for the most part. I'll post it up as soon as it's ready. :thumbsup:

Did you get the bike finished? How did it turn out?

where did you get the stuff for the upgrades? I know it says BBR and BXM but where did you get buy it from?