Sign in to follow this  

Which Hotcam

I have already read every thread about how people like hotcams in the 09 but am still undecided which I will get. I have a full rs4 and rons insert so far but can definately use more power. I will be racing worcs class B and some mx and could use more power. I want power across the rpm range with a very linear delivery . Do you think I should get a stage 1 and have Eddie add more top end or should I get the Stage 2 and have eddie mellow out the power delivery and add a little power to the bottom?

I would ask eddie what cam and head package to use and i already no what he will tell you if your serious .

I would ask eddie what cam and head package to use and i already no what he will tell you if your serious .

I know but your National cam isnt availible yet Ron. In February I was told your cam would be ready in a few weeks but its already been a feww weeks and Im still being told the same thing. Do you have a set date for release?

The 2010 billets are suposed to be out of heat treat next wensday and then it takes a few days to get them ground.we just did not want to do any more cams untill we had the new parts.

I installed the Stg. 1 Hotcam because it makes a couple of horsepower from idle all the way to redline. I didn't want to change the engine characteristics very much, because it's awesome, just pump it up a bit. It works perfectly.

I've got the Stage 1 in mine and had Eddie give me some more top end with the remap. Love it, feels like an old KX 500. Kind of reminds me of my buddy's 2010 KTM 450—very linear throughout the range but gobs of torque also. I'm 250 pounds also. I bet it'd feel really awesome if I was like 180 lbs.

Anyway, if you're going to be doing some of the WORCS I'll be lined up with you @ Honey Lake and in Washington. :banana:

Anyway, if you're going to be doing some of the WORCS I'll be lined up with you @ Honey Lake and in Washington. :banana:

I wish but I havent riden in 11 months due to an injury involving torn tendons 5 broken bones and 3 surgeries. To make matters worse Ive been waiting for a part from honda for 3 weeks to show up. Hopefully that part shows up in a week or 2 and hopefully I'll b ready for Adelanto.