Fork Bleeders

I have those push-button fork bleeders and I was wondering what exactly happens when the button is pushed, while the front-wheel is on the ground. I have read that it effects the fork-oil-level. If I think one or both of my bleeders have been activated while the forks were a bit compressed, what will it feel like while I am...say...go through a set of whoops.

The reason I ask, is, I have been trying to diagnose an irritating sensation that effects my front-end once in a while, when I am riding or racing hard: After a hard-landing,...( I'm thinking of a big step down, that if not executed just right, it is easy to overshoot), the front tire gets all reboundy and feels almost like it is a square wheel for about 1/4 of a lap or so.

I have had the forks checked-out while having seals replaced, and even replaced the inner-cartridges, but once in a while this same sensation returns, under the right conditions.

Weird as it sounds can a weak spring in the push-button activate the release after a hard landing? Say when the fork bottoms-out?

If the button is pushed while the bike is on the ground and/or moving , it will suck in air and cause a vacuum holding your forks slightly compressed , it might make them stiffer as well

the way to tell if they are working properly , is to put the bike on a stand so the wheels are off the ground , then remove the bleeders and without squeezing it try to blow and suck thru the hole in the top , you should not get any air thru it , if you do then the O-Ring is bad and needs replaced , you should also be able to squeeze it , and it should blow thru clearly without restrictions !

and no it should not release when landing , if it does the spring would have to be completely gone from the bleeder