Sign in to follow this  

Tusk Alum Hand guards

I've used them, I think they are a decent alternative to the higher priced hanguards. The 7/8" bar adapters work pretty well but I tried the 1 1/8" on my big bar bike and the fit was troublesome at best. I would recommend the 7/8" kit but not the 1 1/8".

I had the 7/8 mounts. They fit well but the first time I "used" them the slotted piece broke. Search here and you will see a pic of the same failure by another guy.

I have them on protapers and they work great and have taken many hard tree impacts. The mounts that came with 7/8 bars were crap, BUT I heard they redesigned them. You'd want to check into it though. The mounts that are made for the big bars are a good design, though.

I had a set on my sons bike and from the looks of the plastic shields you would have sworn they hit every tree and rock in the woods but are still holding up just fine and not even bent. They will be going on his next bike.

Steve

lol hadem on my kdx to.

i just traded my 07 crf250 for a 04 crf250 with woods mods and a little cash,

its got fastway handguards, there pretty slick.

the mounts are connecred directly and are apart of the bar clamps!

indestructible i tell you

Funny, I installed a set on my KDX as well! :banana:

I also installed a set on my son's TTR125. He is pretty new to riding and they have seen more than a few impacts and are holding up just fine. I really like them and especially at their price.

I have the d-flex and they have held up great.I also use there adjustable fuel screw i am very impressed with Tusk and will continue to use there products.

I put Answer aluminum hand guards on my KDX250 back in 1992. They took many many hits (trees, ground, etc) and never failed or gave me any trouble, and saved my fingers and levers countless times. I don't have the KDX any more, but I still have those hand guards. If I want to go woods riding on the KX, all I have to do is stick the guards on.

ive seen the mounts fail try moose ones they are like 35 and have had one set last 2 bikes and about 6 years of riding till a hrd crash on a mx track but i think any aluminum ones would have broke on that.