Sign in to follow this  

leftover new 07 525 xc-w

Looking at an 07 525 xc-w. Guy wants $6000. What do ya'll think it would be worth? I have an 04 YZ450F set up for the woods and like it alot. I'm ready for a new bike. Any thoughts? Any concerns with a bike that has sat that long?

great bike, great rfs motor, minor mods needed to make it race ready.

$5000 usd would be a great price if it is a new left over like your subject line says.

$6000 would be at the upper edge of what you should pay especially if that is not OTD.

remeber it is 3 yrs old and only a few months from being 4 mode years old. and the market is bringing down prices alot. you can find left over 09's for 8000 otd from what ive seen.

Yeah, he sounds pretty set at $6000. I might hold out till the end of the year and try to get a leftover 2010.

Yeah, he sounds pretty set at $6000. I might hold out till the end of the year and try to get a leftover 2010.

As a point of reference, a dealer here in SoCal has leftover 2005, 525 MXC's for sale. Asking $6600. I offered $4200 OTD last year and he wouldnt bite. Darn I love the MXC's for the desert.

That is what i would do...considering you would only be upgrading to a bike 1 year newer. The newer bikes have a lot of changes the 07 will not have.

But...if you low-ball and he bites, then go for it.

Looking at an 07 525 xc-w. Guy wants $6000. What do ya'll think it would be worth? I have an 04 YZ450F set up for the woods and like it alot. I'm ready for a new bike. Any thoughts? Any concerns with a bike that has sat that long?

Have you ridden any of the KTM long stroke 520/525/530 motored bikes yet?

I think you should do yourself a favor and ride one. It is a completely different feel to them compared to your short stroke Yami :thumbsup: