Sign in to follow this  

XR650L Saddle Bags

Hey guys, I am looking to use my bike to go back and fourth to work but I hate riding with a backpack all the time. I really want to get some quality saddle bags. I have don't much care for the hard aluminum or metal ones. I like the ones made by dirt bagz, the ranger. Does anyone have them or have anything to add on this? Thanks.

I've got the dirt bagz and love them, in fact I never take them off. Quality is good, mounting easy, havent had any problems at all. I use in conjunction with a aluminum rack on back. Worked good for both commuting and multi day offroad trips. Hope this helps!

So what bags are those?

thanks

hd

Just a set of Joe Rocket sport bike bags I used to use on my Bandit 1200s,they unzip and open up to twice their size.They have velcro straps on the back and I strap them on my side racks I got off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XR-650L-Side-Luggage-Racks-rear-plastic-guards-XR650L_W0QQitemZ170457450093QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27b00e466d

Wow, scarty111, I could go on vacation for months with all that storage!

I have a set of the DirtBagz and they have worked fine for me.

But they are not water proof. And the brackets do seem to get stress fractures at the mounting tabs. I have had to re-weld mine several times. I carry a 110 welder with me in my trailer and I have had to repair them once in the campsite when out on the road.

P1010140.jpg

P1010113.jpg

Cigar Mike

I like the idea of the Ortlieb's because they are waterproof. While $165 a pair may seem expensive to some, when compared to the dreamy $400 price tag for the Giant Loop bag it's an outright bargain.

It looks like Wolfman has some really nice waterproof saddlebags now, as well. Theirs are $215 a pair.

Edited by MountainBear

I like the idea of the Ortlieb's because they are waterproof. While $165 a pair may seem expensive to some, when compared to the dreamy $400 price tag for the Giant Loop bag it's an outright bargain.

What's a giant loop bag?