Race Tech gold valve kits for 2010 KX250F?

Hi guys, just got my 2010 kx250F, i also have a 2009 KX450 that had the suspension revalved by RG3 but here is my problem. I do not live in the US and the RG3 revalve costs me about $1500 with shipping, for this reason some of my buddies have been using Race Tech, since its less than half the cost! I was wondering what you guys thought about the race tech stuff and if you would recommend it, not just based on the money i would be saving, but most importantly the performance of their kits vs what RG3 and some other are offering.

I remember reading somewhere a couple years back on the yamaha forum that the race tech valve kits were not worth it on the new kayaba stuff and were outdated compared to what KYB had on the 06 and up yamis. IS this the case with the Showa stuff or was that even true? The long and short of it is, would you guys that race motocross recommend me going with Race Tech?

Thanks in advance!

Just an FYI on price difference, the RG3 revalve with their gold valves PLUS Shipping came to around $1500, the Race Tech kits which i would install myself would be around $400 give or take!

Well i've only ridden the bike twice now, i have to evaluate it more this sunday again, but so far it seems be a little stiff on the choppy stuff, it doesn't quite plow through the small bumps like my 450 does. On bigger jumps it is ok but i have a feeling it could use some more bottoming resistance there.

I have run some 2010 Kawa´s 250F with Racetech setup´s for enduro and mx racing and they were awesome.

Bike itself is pretty good in stock form but needs a revalve like all bikes need!

With a nice suspension update the forks were spot on and the shock is simply amazing.

As you may notice there aren´t much RT fans here in this site but everyone as the rigth to make is own choise.

I´ve been with RT for years now and i love their products, but for that i agree that i am a lucky man because i have acess to very good setups and also because my suspension tuner is a very wise man who rides very well and as a special feeling with bikes :banana:

Were r u from?

dunn2500 are you serious? Did you understand my first post about RG3 costing about 5 times more just because of shipping? And you still think RG3 is worth that extra cost?

I have RG3 as i said on my 09 kx450, but i can't say i could afford to send it to them again, yes if i lived in the US, but i dont so i'm not dreaming that cash up again.

i hear ya, but i had a 50% discount for RT and went elsewhere..........i mean it was absolutely horrible what they did to a few buddys bikes......i couldnt believe it....there 2nd try was no better either........no way i use RT at any cost, some will disagree and thats fine, i am glad theirs turned out good.....

i hear ya, but i had a 50% discount for RT and went elsewhere..........i mean it was absolutely horrible what they did to a few buddys bikes......i couldnt believe it....there 2nd try was no better either........no way i use RT at any cost, some will disagree and thats fine, i am glad theirs turned out good.....

Jsut curious, what kind of riding do you do? Trails, mx??

Man so what are my other options besides race tech? I really don't want to spend the money on shipping to send my stuff out internationally, can anyone recommend other companies that offer similar kits to race tech? Or some do it yourself tips?