Sign in to follow this  

Spring 2010

Hi everyone. I am getting ready to break out my 150RB for the 2010 season. I am not a competitor: I sometimes ride the tracks (strictly as an amateur/novice) but am mostly in the trails. I love to jump, go fast, etc. Moderate to hard riding is how I do it.

I am asking, considering the riding habits explained above, what are the best all around (universal?) sprockets and chains (tooth# & links)? Are medium to hard terrain tires the best way to go? I like softer knobbies because they grip a litlte better. Everything on my bike (except oil/filter, etc) is stock and original (I dont do the 'mod' thing - just my choice). I have neither replaced my chain or sprocket (I ride only during the summer and even then when I can find the time - so, lower-than-usual hours), nor my tires. I do know when a chain and sprockets are worn; unbelievable as it sounds, neither look to be in bad shape. However, I am going to replace them both as well as buy some new tires. Air filter is cleaned, every ride, is intact and looks to be in good shape as well. Jetting issue was cleared up long ago, so no problem there.

Should I go ahead and change my coolant as well? Fork oil? New air filter? I adjust my valves, replace plugs, etc: I am a good maintainer and do all of it myself (this is not my first go-around; anyone here remember the 80s?).

I was just wondering what some of you do in preparation for a riding season.

Thanks....

Redoing the forks is so quick and simple I'd recommend that, no need to worry about the valves unless you're bike won't idle or you hear them "tinking", not sure on the coolant but it's cheap and easy so why not.

You ride the exact same style as I do and stock sproket setup is fine with me.

i went +1 in the rear and i love it.....i never ride the track....i like natural terrain jumps...mostly under 60ft.....but mostly i ride really tight nasty technical trails ..river beds and stuff...i run a trials tire in the rear and i love it:ride: