Sign in to follow this  

NewJersey bummer

bummer the weather had to be sh$tty this weekend i was really looking forward to sat race at e-town. just checked the site and its deff canceled and rescheduled for the 27-28.

I just checked the websight and it still shows practice for tomorrow 3/17/10. But I will be supprised if they have it. there was alot of rain. Plus the track is open for Friday practice for the LLN qualifiers. I would call in the morning before you go.

Thanks. we plan to leave by 9am. Will someone answer that early? Its a 2+hr drive.

If the race is cancelled why would they still have practice a few days earlier?

How was the track today. I called at 10 and they said it would be open. Had to work and not riding till april when the practice opens for Friday riding.

Track was mint. Very rough and rutty. Great weather and only wet if you went off the track then it was like quicksand. Flet like it was my first time ever on a bike but it was fun. My only complaint about it is they broke up into 4 groups @ 20 min per session so you had 1hr between rides.

well if they broke it up into 4 groups it must of been very crowded. I cant believe it has been very crowded so early in the season especially with the way the economy is.

It's LLQ this weekend! All the "professional amateur" racers have no trouble missing work and/or school to ride.

anyone know if the "major over-watering problem" by those idiot track flaggers on the big practice track has been discussed?

The expert session was pretty crowed. I was in the AM practice and it wasnt bad. I am not saying they shouldnt break it up. That is the safest way for sure. For me it was a 8+hr day for 1 hr of riding. I just wished I lived closer or there were less riders.

It sucks when they do 20 minute sessions. Riding double/triple the length of a race helps with conditioning, but I think it's way more effective to give like 5 full laps each session. It's the same amount of track time, but sure feels like more.

that would be hard to do wouldnt it? There are too many variables to consider with going with 5 laps rather than 20 mins.

Well, maybe so the last guy out gets 5 laps and some get 6. A fast lap there is around 1:37 I think, so a 20 minute session is 12 laps. Pagoda does shorter practice motos and I always leave there feeling like I did lots of riding, even on days with big turnouts.