Sign in to follow this  

ever mod a carb to use powerjets?

in snowmobile land we run powerjets on a lot of big bore and piped sleds as it allows a ton of adjustment in seconds. I have been toying with the idea of removing the factory set up in favor of a adjustable set up for the cold weather and big alti changes......anyone try it? I ususally get em from brad wursten or jack harris as opposed to thunder, but thunder has a good pic

http://www.thunderproducts.com/thunder_powerjet.htm

what exactly does it do? which circuits does it affect?

I have posted several times on the benefits of using powerjets. I found that it was the only way to get my Eric Gorr YZ144 to make big horsepower right through the rev range. Supply should never be an issue, as I sourced mine from a local go-kart supplies shop. Standard on late model 250 2 strokes.

the late model bikes are not adjustable like the ones I am interested in. I figure I could solder or plug the factory one. the aftermarket ones can be placedanywhere you choose, so if they are higher on the slide they only flow at or near WOT, if they are lower they work all the time. centered seems to work well. the best part is they can be adjusted on the fly and work very well.

hopefully project basket case will start moving a little faster and I will have a chance to play with them.