Sign in to follow this  

08 wr 250r

My girlfriend had the same issue with her quad. I bought another cheap aftermarket one and had a buddy of mine take it to work and bend it to a template i gave him. I told him i hear they break and not to worry about it if it did, but it didn't and she now has a nice lever for herself, plus the stock one is still in tact.

If you want to bend it, heat it up real well first.

I bent back a stock CBR brake lever that I was sure was going to break.

It was bent from a fall so I had nothing to lose.

Heated it with a small propane (crack type) torch and went at it slowly and patiently.

Don't think I let the lever turn red, just heated up real well in the spot I needed to bend.

That lever is still in service on my friend's bike after more than two years.

Same porous, cast aluminum type lever.

She can either buy a gucci span-adjustable lever from ASV, or break out a couple of big box wrenches and custom bend it to suit her.

I've custom bent many of my Yamaha clutch levers without them breaking (and also straightened them out after a crash).

Just avoid trying to make a sharp bend concentrated at one point.

I'd have a spare lever on hand if this is your first try at it. :banana:

As far as my choice of levers for my WR-250R goes, I'm using the stock clutch and front brake levers from a Yamaha XT-350.

I like the shape of them better - they're a pinch longer and the length and shape allows better feel since I like to position my clutch lever perch and front master cylinder toward the middle of the handlebar as much as possible for more leverage.

Plus, I like the black color. :lol:

Another idea is a magura hydraulic clutch that is adjustable.. its an easier pull too! But pretty expensive