Sign in to follow this  

05 KXF 250 Kicks back the Kickstart when i start it

Hello well i went trough a lot already with my bike by getting new valves and springs including the seats new sanded so about 4 month ago the bike quit running all of a sudden it got cold out but it wasnt wrong jetting it was valve clearance so i igot it to spec and it ran nice idle ,asoon as i gave it gas just a little less like 1/4 itll stall did the mooaggh sound.so since i knew the piston had more than 80 hours on it and figured it will like a new piston i got that changed and the cyllinder didnt look tip top so i got it honed aswell.so put it back together and since then it wont start the headers getn warm and theres spark i line up ttc with the fly wheel top mark and the timing marks from the camshaft sprockets line up like in the book i even checked if the piston really is ttc and it is.

so what the bike does now when you kick start it it kicks your foot back up so like you get a compression on your kickstarter and it does pop loud every once in a while and carburator wise its after the 18th time taking the dude out plus change the pilot and mainjet according to what the sparkplug told me im still a little rich but the bike ran in the summer fine before and now its winter.soon gettn summer again. well ill be greatfull for any kind of help. please let there someone be with an anwers thanks in advance.

Well unfortunantly you have left out some info that will help me/us diagnose your problem.

Ok are you truly mechanicly inclined?

You said you had the seats sanded? Do you mean cut with valveseat stones or do you mean you took the new valves and used valve grinding compound and and sanded a new valve in the used old seat like done on a car?

Next honeing your cylinder. Was this done with a flex hone or a triangle cylinder hone?

Did you replace your cam chain?

Reason I'm asking is depending o. What you did will tell me if I should tell you to scrap the bike.

There's some things that I asked that will destroy your motor

be honest. Because if your not you will undoubedtly be running around trying to fix major damage that's just not worth it.

no im a hobby mechanic but i used to work on two strokes since im a kid but this is my first fourstroke . and valveseats are cut by an austrian company called rotax and i gave them my new seats with and i shimed it so it ran before for like at leas 6 hours till i reshimed and then it only idled. and the cylinder a motocross company in upper austria honed it for me so i hope they did it right but i can ask if it matters what it was done with (flex or Triangle).

and no i didnt replace the cam chain but does that really do anything i mean long term yes itll save the motor cos of a non broken chain. oh and sorry i dont know too many english tech. words,im austrian.but that shouldnt be an excuse so to be honest with you i know about electric motors but there is not much going on comparing to a fourstroke engine. so i hope this info will tell you more and i really hope i dont have a major damage but let me know the truth thanx i apprechiate you a lot primalr8gw thumpsup

when i wrote i gave them my new seats with i mean valves sorry i gave rotax all four of them and they checked if they seal and they did.

Well you summed up that the worst senerio did not happen.

Any reputal shop would have used valve cutters and not used valve grinding compound

and not used a triangle/finger hone.

As far as the cam chain. Well believe it not they stretch at an alarming rate. They could potentialy go bad in a matter or an hour or even less. Allthough unlikely it is possible. I try not to let mine go more the. 25 hrs.

I would suspect the cdi went bad. If you know some one else with an 05 (do not use an 04 or 06) test thier cdi see if she runs.

If not check to see if the cam gear spun on the cam and replace the cam chain.

Thx ill do that and let you know. and thank you for the timingchain wisdom i didnt know they could just run 25 h but i guess the chain is gettn worked to the max it sound like .oh and could it also be just the chain that its stretched that much so the timing is of. well ill replace it anyway thx a bunch.

As far as the cam chain. Well believe it not they stretch at an alarming rate. They could potentialy go bad in a matter or an hour or even less. Allthough unlikely it is possible. I try not to let mine go more the. 25 hrs.

Mine has 50 hours and basically no stretching. I guess it depends...