Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Grants move on Allessi on "The Moto"

After watching the latest episode of "The Moto" on fuel, I can't help but lose alot of respect for Josh Grant after his "Take out move" on Mike Allessi. Especially his comments about it in his interview. He basically confirmed that he deliberatly took him out after knowing he was hurt.

BTW< I think that Mike Allessi's dad made the wrong decision to encourage (Or straight up force) his son to race in those conditions.

Thoughts?

I did not get the impression he was admitting anything other then he is not going to get out of his way and that if you are out there you better expect to get bumped or have someone take away your line. I did not get the impression he ment to take him out or make him reinjure his knee.

The videos bring to light what everyone says, Alessi's Dad is an idiot. Everything he talks about is we, we , we. We need to win this championship. Not the fact that Mike is doing the riding. Talk about living your dreams through your kids - when it's over Mike will probably never speak with him again.

It must suck to be Jeff A, perennial runner up to Mike.....

Edited by bh626pro

This stuff with Mike's knee has been bothering me. Mainly his dad's attitude about the whole situation. It did seem from the interview like Josh may have took him out intentionaly, but I place part of the blame on Tony Allessi. Mike shouldn't have been racing yet. I don't understand how an injury they said in the previous episode takes six weeks to heal can through some alternative treatment be good to go in two weeks, but I'm no doctor. When he was in the pool a week before the race he could barely walk on it. Basically I feel Josh and Tony put him out for the season.

Back to the OP's topic..sine Mike Alessi's racing early isn't the discussion. It didn't sit well with me.....even if he did do it on purpose don't act like a tool on tv about it.

There's no love between them two that's for sure. But he did seem awfully smug about it.

No way Mike should have been on that track in his condition...

i like to watch both guys race. but int he pro level, you need to watch your line or it will be taken from you. thats racing in my eyes. this isn't figgure skating. it is an aggresive sport that has been taken back a notch with all the sissys crying about getting bumped.

No secret Mike should not have been out there. But it was a intentional punk move on JG's part. He would have beaten Mike without the takeout. As far as the points go JG would have passed Mike up in time. You can't ride at that level with that injury for 1/2 a season without more or permanent damage.

I think the reason Mike(or his Dad for him) made the choice to race was simply due to Championship pressure. I mean c'mon, what would you do? This is what you have been training for your whole life... AND, he had it in the bag had he not been hurt.

He was so freakin' close. I think they just wanted to get enough points to keep him in contention and hoped that he would get lucky and NOT get hurt. It just didn't work out that way.

As far as Grant goes, well we all see it how we want to! Personally, I think he should have been a little more mature and avoided the contact. He would have passed him cleanly soon enough. It was obvious Mike wasn't up to speed. But hey, on the other hand, karma's a real bitch ya' know. And Josh seems to always have his "troubles" too, staying healthy that is.

Personally I think that you make your own luck to a certain extent. I don't think that Alessi will ever win a championship simply because he has too many enemies. To win a championship you need to make it 24 motos with a very few number of problems. When you make enemies with everyone on the track, your odds of having "problems" skyrockets. There are a lot of chances for a guy to decide to take you out, or just run you wide. When you run your mouth all the time and act like the Alessi's do, you tend to get taken out more than most people.

Personally I think that you make your own luck to a certain extent. I don't think that Alessi will ever win a championship simply because he has too many enemies. To win a championship you need to make it 24 motos with a very few number of problems. When you make enemies with everyone on the track, your odds of having "problems" skyrockets. There are a lot of chances for a guy to decide to take you out, or just run you wide. When you run your mouth all the time and act like the Alessi's do, you tend to get taken out more than most people.

Why does he have so many enemies, is it from when he was in the amateur ranks and because his dad is an ahole? This is a serious question by the way.

Did anyone else notice how hard Josh was trying not to smile at the end of his interview. Personally I think it was a dirty takeout by Grant.

Did anyone else notice how hard Josh was trying not to smile at the end of his interview. Personally I think it was a dirty takeout by Grant.

Of course it was. I think Josh Grant is punk ass little prick (that rides real well :lol:).

Grant has zero professionalism in his off-track antics (gang signs and tongue hanging out at the end of every interview) and track tactics.

To be honest, I'm real surprised that Joe Gibbs hired this punk.

Same thing a couple years ago when he took out RV on that "wall" - he could have gone around RV, but no - he plowed right into him. If I was RV after that little stunt, I would have been in Grants pit looking for blood... or planting my front tire in his face a la Lawrence .....if I was a pro rider of course :banana:

Jeez how many more dead horses are we gonna beat after this series of shows is over with??

Exactly and not to mention that the fall Mike took wouldn't have hurt the average rider. Its not Grant's fault that Tony is an idiot and put his son out on the track too soon.

Granted I was livid when 33 took out mike I think what he did was straight up american :banana:

Ever watch an nfl game with an injured QB? The freaking announcer telecasts for you which player has the best chance of getting to the QB's bad knee.

We are suppose to be the baddest most fearless athletes in the world. Man up!

Do those traits also not include the meanest too? Is that something we are looking to be or not. Old timers? New bloods?

What say you?

Grant didnt do anything wrong, he had Mike beat to the point of contact thats why Mikes front tire hit Grants back tire. Mike was back so early to try to win the championship and its Grants job not to let that happen. If he was to hurt to be out there racing then he shouldnt have been out there racing. If you cant run with the big dogs then stay in the pits!!!!

Josh Grant simply took out a competitor who was a bitter rival. Chump move on his part. Very simple. He did not have toget anywhere near Alessi that day. He was 5 seconds a lap faster due to Mike's injury. No reason to even concern himself with #800 that day. The fact that he chose to put Alessi out of the race was purely intentional. I agree with the post about JG acting very poorly with his "Metal Mulitia gangster" antics. What a tool.

Josh Grant isn't a tool and when has he ever portrayed a "metal mulisha gangster" attitude? He may be sponsored by them but its not like he lives the same lifestyle or even associates with those clowns. The fact of the matter is Alessi's Dad is a moron and put his son in danger by having him come back too soon. Could've ruined his career physically. We all know Tony Alessi has ruined Mike's career business wise. For Pete's sake the guy was on arguably the best team in the sport and look at what Tony got him, no new contract offer for 2010.