Tusk Axle Blocks... anyone run them?

I have an 07' with the stock axle blocks. The markings have become difficult to see, making it harder to get my alignment just right. I came across these Tusk Axle Blocks on Rocky Mountain and not only do they have 3 visible, clear markings, but they are priced great with tons of good reviews. Anyone else have any input for me before I buy them? Thanks

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=68&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&keyword=TUSK+AXLE+BLOCKS&prodFamilyId=13580#vehicleSelect

Funny how you just posted this.

I just picked some up for my crf and initial impression is that they're great. Problem is my left block fit so tight it wouldn't go on. Ended up having to file a bit from the hole of the block to get it to slide on.

Unless you verify the accuracy of the marks I wouldn't trust them. I've seen way too many axle blocks that aren't correct. I alway double check them by measuring from the center of the swingarm bolt to the center of the axle on both sides.

As far as the Tusk blocks go they seem to be fine.

Thats what I was having trouble with in the first place. I just replaced my Renthal R1 chain with a D.I.D O-Ring. The chain was shot, it would have the right slack, then with a little rotation of the wheel it would tighten up and never stay adjusted... especially after jumps. So anyway I got the D.I.D, new chain block and slider, and now I'm gonna jump on the Tusk blocks; but, I am gonna make sure I can rely on the markings as you said ForsheeMS... just in case.

As far as if they are bad. Nope I use them. How ever like forshee said the marks being perfert isn't going to happen. Get a chain level or measure both sides to make sure they are straight.

As far as what I do. Unfortunatly I cheat and do it by a combo of looking at the markings and eyeing it. Yes I'm a hipocrite with some things. How ever I have a knack for getting things perfect near everytime by eye or feel. But hey. I'm me :banana:

They are, I looked into that myself. If you google Tusk Racing it will have Rocky Mountain all over it; but, if you google Tusk Offroad, it gives you their homepage: tuskoffroad.com, although on my computer the site cannot display, and one of their mission statements is even "Tusk is dedicated to making high quality parts and selling them at a fraction of the cost of competitors." This explains their lower pricing instead of looking at it as them being cheap... I hope. Anyway, from my opinion, they are their own company but mainly affiliated with Rocky Mountain, much like Husky tools are to Home Depot etc. I just based my decision on the fact that there were plenty of good reviews about them as oppose to bad. I'll find out soon enough

Not to disagree with you ^^^

how ever I have quite a few of tusk stuff.

The cluch PAC has been the onlything I wouldn't buy again.

I'm using thier bars Axel blocks throttle tube and few other things and been good

Their clutches are actually Remanned EBC's. Used quite a few of them in my 2 smokers without any issues. The only tusk products I have on my bike are a gas cap and clutch lever assembly. It's actually a "longhorn" product, but all the same from RMATV. Couldn't beat the price with hotstart lever on the bottom and a bigger clutch adjuster.

• 4 weeks later...