Sign in to follow this  

2003 kx 85

No this year I bought a 2006 with a blown engine for $500 and a 2007 KX 100 for $1500 both of these bikes are my kids race bikes now.

A mint 03' $1200 tops, check how worn the paint is on the frame, look how worn the foot pegs are. Chain sprocket brake pads etc. Check the petcock valve for ease of movement, sometimes bikes sitting get moisture in the tank and the petcock can freeze up. Pull the radiater cap and look inside corrosion or worse oily residue.

If you can get some pics and closeups of areas I've mentioned would be great.

To JBFL, he is in Saskatchewan so factor that and to the OP, if its in great condition I say go for it but check everything over closely

To JBFL, he is in Saskatchewan so factor that and to the OP, if its in great condition I say go for it but check everything over closely

That puts a different spin on it, my math ain't good enough but it's probably somewhere close. But please check the bike over as I've described. All those little things will add up to half the purchase price if it's been neglected.

Bikes hold there value up in Sask since there is not that many. We sold are 06 kx 85 last year for $2200.00 . It was in good shape,raced for three years.DSC_0005-1.jpg. It was the most realiable bikes I have owned for the hours put on it. Just regular maintence kept it going.

Edited by pedec