Sign in to follow this  

Due to a lack of clarity...

Remove the switches then connect the harness wires together.

The clutch switch has bullet connectors that need to be connected, but the side stand switch will require you make a jumper or cut off the terminal and connect the wires.

So that means crossing the wires? As in connecting positive to negative to create a complete circuit?

So that means crossing the wires? As in connecting positive to negative to create a complete circuit?

Have you looked at it yet? Its really self explanatory. For the clutch switch, remove the switch assembly. You're left with 2 yellow wires coming off the main wire harness, one with a male bullet connector the other a female. Connect those wires by plugging the male connector into the female connector. You're done.

For the side stand switch, pull the switch assembly. Cut the green connector off the end, leaving an inch or two of wire next to the connector, then connect these wires together. Plug the connector back into the bike's harness and your done.

Be sure to properly terminate and insulate your connection.

Got it now. All I was looking for was whether I should be (effectively) completing the circuit or leaving it open. That was not clear anywhere I had read.

Complete the two circuits. Off to the garage.

Got it now. All I was looking for was whether I should be (effectively) completing the circuit or leaving it open. That was not clear anywhere I had read.

Complete the two circuits. Off to the garage.

Correct, complete the circuits. :banana: