Sign in to follow this  

devol lowering link bearings.

i bought a devol lowering link. and when it came in the mailn there were no bearings...i was going to use the stock ones. but i dont have a press. so my question is where can i get some bearings for this thing...fast. this is only thing holding me back from putting my bike back together.

all you need is a couple of sockets and a vise, they will push right out . they are 2 piece and wwhen you put them back don,t press them in past the face or you will block off the grease fitting.:banana:

all you need is a couple of sockets and a vise, they will push right out . they are 2 piece and wwhen you put them back don,t press them in past the face or you will block off the grease fitting.:banana:

+1..Yeah you must have a vise??????????or know someone who has:thumbsup:

B

Edited by brianhare

well i do have a vise..but idk if will be strong enough. im pretty sure its about 50 years old. and had better days. i guess ill have to go to my parents house and use theres.

well its looks like that was to much for old blue...snaped it right in half. i guess tomorrow ill have to take a trip to my parents house.

well its looks like that was to much for old blue...snaped it right in half. i guess tomorrow ill have to take a trip to my parents house.

:banana::lol::lol: Didn`t think they would come out that hard,,oh well,you wanted a new vise anyway,right:thumbsup:

Anyway,you know you`ll need a deep socket bigger than the bearing on one side,and a socket the same size as the bearing on the other side while pushing them out,right,,,,,just checking bud....

Try this,,,put the larger socket on one side,smaller in the other,crank down the vise,but don`t come right onto the vise handle,just really good and tight.then smack the front of the vise above the handle where it`s inline with your socket with a good hammer, as to try and drive that front vise piece in..the jarring action almost always gets them moving,it`s a lot easier on the vise,and once that happens they generally go quite easily...

B

yea well ill be stopping by sears later so maybe pick a new one up. i think the vise i was using was made for small wood working projects. and i was using a 16mm socket with a headset bearing housing from a old bicycle. it fit perfectly. round two when i get back home.

yea well ill be stopping by sears later so maybe pick a new one up. i think the vise i was using was made for small wood working projects. and i was using a 16mm socket with a headset bearing housing from a old bicycle. it fit perfectly. round two when i get back home.

:banana:

B