Sign in to follow this  

Want to buy-CR500 motor

There's one on Ebay right now that has got about 24 hours to go.

See Ebay number 280473417231.

'85 motor just rebuilt, comes with ignition and carburetor. Currently bid is $525, which would be a steal.

I have a 1996 CR500 motor, could use a bore/piston, great shape, $2,800 shipped inside USA, comes with its PJ carb and full electrical system and shifter. No kicker lever, though.

Ed

I have a 1996 CR500 motor, could use a bore/piston, great shape, $2,800 shipped inside USA, comes with its PJ carb and full electrical system and shifter. No kicker lever, though.

Ed

And what all is included in that $2800? I can get a whole bike in perfect running condition for that much or less in my neck of the woods.

Would love to have this one but the wife would skin me. :banana:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110505483469&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=35595

Love this line: "Service Honda sells the CR500R engine alone for $6,190." I know that to be a lie. That's more than double what I paid for a new one from them.

That motor is likely all rusted up internally and needs all the seals replaced, but would still be sweet!

Best off to buy a whole bike. At least you can ride it and shift it. Most ebay engines are going for big $ and you can pretty much count on them all needing a freshup. Anything 90 up are essentially the same aside from 4th and 5th gear ratios from 93-01

1989 cr 500 on bakersfield craigslist today, pretty good looking bike- 1000.00, a hell of a deal.

some of the late 80's engines were pretty pipey (a lot of hit). I would go with a mid 90's up and would get an entire bike you can run, listen to how it sounds and shift thru the gears, check out the clutch. also some years are close ratio and some are wide ratio gearboxes. do a little research. I bought a 94 bike complete to use for my AF project for 1300 bucks. You also get all the electrics and carb, reeds, manifolds etc. when you get a complete bike.

Would love to have this one but the wife would skin me. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110505483469&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=35595

Love this line: "Service Honda sells the CR500R engine alone for $6,190." I know that to be a lie. That's more than double what I paid for a new one from them.

I stand corrected. Looked on SH's website and that's what they are listing 500 engines for. :banana:

2001 HONDA CR500 MOTOR - $800 (MADERA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-03-18, 7:55PM PDT

Reply to: sale-bfajz-1650771605@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE A HONDA CR500 MOTOR FOR YOUR DIRTBIKE OR PROJECT OF YOUR CHOICE

IT INCLUDES A CDI BOX, COIL, CLUTCH CABLE.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1650771605