Sign in to follow this  

Might be joining your group

Hey there, I've been loving my 08 250 XCFW, no complaints. But now I have a decision to make. My neighbor wants to buy it and give me a great price for it. I usually get a new bike about every other year anyway, so my baby might be moving to a new home. Two of my riding buddys ride 300 XCW's and I love how they feel even lighter and more responsive than my 250.

So if I go for the 300 XCW two stroke should I look for the left over 08's or 09's or go for 2010. As far as I can tell they havn't changed anything on them from year to year. But I figured you guys would know, any year better than the other?

Hey there, I've been loving my 08 250 XCFW, no complaints. But now I have a decision to make. My neighbor wants to buy it and give me a great price for it. I usually get a new bike about every other year anyway, so my baby might be moving to a new home. Two of my riding buddys ride 300 XCW's and I love how they feel even lighter and more responsive than my 250.

So if I go for the 300 XCW two stroke should I look for the left over 08's or 09's or go for 2010. As far as I can tell they havn't changed anything on them from year to year. But I figured you guys would know, any year better than the other?

If you can afford the 2010 then buy it.

If you're more budget conscious then look for either an '08 or '09...they are pretty much the same.

-Jay

These bikes are in high demand. I bit the bullet and paid a little more for a 2010 since it was new, local, and no earlier new models available anyway. Maiden voyage tomorrow!

For my terrain, skill and preferences, the 2008 needs a suspension revalve to be really rideable, whereas the 2009 (and presumably the 2010) is much better in stock form, and I would probably just ride it stock and be happy with it. That's the main difference between 08 and 09. In 2010 the pipe is supposed to be thicker and the triple clamps are different. I have no idea if that's something I would even notice, so I would look for a killer deal on a 2009 if I could, but I would probably pay $500 more for a 2010. I wouldn't pay $1000 more for a 2010 tho.

another question, I know the 2010's four strokes had the frame welded lower down on the steering stem and the rear shock shortend to lower the seat height, did they do this to the two strokes as well?

another question, I know the 2010's four strokes had the frame welded lower down on the steering stem and the rear shock shortend to lower the seat height, did they do this to the two strokes as well?

no...that was the four strokes only. another thing to consider with the 08 vs 09 or 10....the starter was new for 08 and they have had problems with way more 08's than the newer 09 or 10 bikes.

Joe

Not much difference between the 09' and 10' but like stated before the 08' need tweaking on the suspension.

I would (If you can afford it) buy brand new! Just no substitute to having a Virgin!:banana::banana::lol:

I don't think you are going to have much luck with leftovers. The 300s usually sell fast, although you might find an 09 somewhere. The frame changes were only made on the big four strokes, and I believe it was for issues that the two strokes don't have (maybe because they have more mass up high???).