Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto Track day in South Florida?

New in this section. I did some research but could not find what I am looking for.

I am coming from the SBK world in the NY area. I have been riding a Ducati 848 for few years most of the time on the track only in NJ, NH in the Advanced Group. Mainly Track Days, once a month. Last October 2009, low side crash on the track, broken wrist, surgery, etc... bike totalled..end of the SBK track days... I still have a Hypermotard for street use but not for track.

Long story short: I relocated in Miami since few months and now have access to more dirtbike riding (more than Long Island NY !!!) and I am contemplating buying a DRZ 400 S (or SM). I will do local trials with the kids (CRF 70F) but my real ambition is to come back to the track. This time I want to do something different and grow into it. I never did any supermoto track day, I am not really interested in a Track Day with mix bikes (Supermoto and SBK).

Is there any supermoto type track days in South Florida or is it only in Ocala and North Florida like I saw. It's a hobby for me and I want to keep it like a hobby and not a race program. Anybody in this South Florida area with some information? Obviously choice of the bike (SM or S) is linked to what I will do most (trails or supermoto track day).

Thank you