Sign in to follow this  

Air leak question

I think I have an air leak? When I start the motor, the bikes races!! If the gasket/rubber seal in the carburetor cap did not seal tight could this cause an air leak enough for the motor to race?? I believe my reed/intake gasket and base gasket are both tight? Thanks

stuck throttle slide...check all bolts on intake though...leak down test will be needed to confirm...but i suspect throttle slide is just stuck or throttle cable strung wrong (ive seen that before)

It feels like the slide is moving??? I am going to take the throttle body off though so I know I have the cable loose and the slide is fully seated. Hope this is all, would be an easy fix!!! :banana:

Spray a little of something flamable around suspected areas. A little carb cleaner works but remember it is very flamable and it can take the paint off stuff too.WD-40 works but not as good.

Turns out it was the cable was too short and not letting the slide fully seat. I used a dentist mirror to see down in the air filter boot and could see the the slide was about 1/2 inch high. I shortened the cable and the bike runs like a champ now. Easy fix!! Thanks!