Sign in to follow this  

2002 YZ-250 Engine Case Compatibility

Shattered piston skirt punched hole in clutch-side engine case between crankcase and transmission.

Need to buy replacement engine cases....

Does anyone know which year model YZ-250 engine cases would be compatible?

Thanks,

John

Ended up having the hole welded up some time ago. Waiting for garage temp to get down to a bearable level so I can go down and re-assemble motor and bike.

Anyone who has this problem - look into having the cases repaired - you may be surprised at what magic a talented aluminum welding man can work.

How big was the hole it punched through? I had a similar thing happen to my case. It made a crack at the case half seam, it doesn't look too bad though. I don't even think i need to mess with it. Maybe I'll throw some JB weld on it just to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

How big was the hole it punched through? I had a similar thing happen to my case. It made a crack at the case half seam, it doesn't look too bad though. I don't even think i need to mess with it. Maybe I'll throw some JB weld on it just to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

Malone - the hole was about the size of a large egg.

The welding man just built up aluminum and filled the gap, then machined it smooth.

When I can, I'll post a pic.

I have also had my crank case between the crank and the tranny welded. They do an excellent job!