Sign in to follow this  

rm125 or yz125?

Rright now i have a xr100r. Im 14 5'7" 130 and it really small. Dont get me wrong its a great bike but wanting something bigger and better. So what do you guys think. Like what are some pros and cons to both bikes?

I would say the YZ was better in that it has an alloy frame, rather than steel so it won't rust, better build quality and the fact that they still make them. The RM is still a good bike and it's cheaper but I would say the YZ would be the best of the two. Hope this helps.

RM if you want the better machine... People always assume Al is so much better than steel. There's a reason that the RM stayed steel throughout its production run... They didn't just jump on the Al bandwagon...

Thanks for the replys I know a guy thats selling a rm125 03 for 1200 with a couple extras. All my buds ride suz..... this is kinda random but do you guys know if a rm125 can beat a blaster

Thanks for the replys I know a guy thats selling a rm125 03 for 1200 with a couple extras. All my buds ride suz..... this is kinda random but do you guys know if a rm125 can beat a blaster

Dirtbikes aren't drag racing bikes...

although they aer not meant to be dragged, i think a kx 100 would beat a blaster. those air cooled trail quads are turds.

No my bud is just always bragging about his blaster being fast then 125 2t, I guess I'll have to prove hm wrong. What is yall oppion on the rmz250? A guy in the chats was talking to me about that. Its about the right size for me.... do u guys think it might be to powerfull?

stay away from a 4 stroke race bike unless you like to adjust valves and expensive maintenance

i would think a yz 125 would beat a blaster for sure, I've seen videos of them beating banshees

the yz 250f is the most reliable 250f though

No my bud is just always bragging about his blaster being fast then 125 2t, I guess I'll have to prove hm wrong. What is yall oppion on the rmz250? A guy in the chats was talking to me about that. Its about the right size for me.... do u guys think it might be to powerfull?

4 strokes are ghey... Welcome to much $$$$$$ maintenance and more down time. You're 14, get a 2t and enjoy it - There'll be plenty of time for 4t's after you start working for a living... lol.

I love my RM's, but a 06 or newer YZ-125 is the best according to all the magazines and 95% of the people I asked at our local track. That is why I just bought one, and I'm very happy so far.

lol its just yamaha (06 and up.... or really 02 and up) are very expensive lol..... But thanks for all the help you guys

i say go with the rm. ive ridden an 04 rm and an 05 yz. the amount of bottom the yz has isnt much over the rm and the rm can cut lines the yz only dreams of. as far as steel vs alum it doesnt matter if there is some rust sand it down and paint it. i personally like the less rigid feel of the steel frame.