07 Bogging WITH Boysen QS2?!

Gents, Let me first start off with a HUGE thank you. I just bought a 2007 CRF 250R and I have learned soooo much from you all! This bike is totally stock, so naturally so were the 3 year old shims I pulled out of the valves. I have an identical problem to another gentleman whereas I have out of tolerance gaps on both EX and left IN, but ZERO clearance on the right IN. I have re shimmed all and I am resolved to the fact that I'll get an IN valve kit and redo it. However. The bike still pulls hard, starts acceptably, and I haven't ridden since I sold my bike to go to Flight School!......10 years ago! I am feining BAD! Can I ride it like it is if I'm taking it easy and Oh yeah, to title of this post and the only negative performance issue right now.----> the thing bogs when I blip the throttle. if I run it up easy, I revs out fine. this is annoying. I installed the QS2 and I've tried adjusting the idle, and 1 turn either side of stock on the fuel screw. Nothing changes that much. Any suggestions? that and what valve kit to get. Thanks guys

What kind of riding will you be doing? generally the rule of thumb is that if you are going to be racing, stick with the titanium intakes. If woods riding you could install stainless steel valves, this will increase valve life. but you will be told that the SS valves do not handle high rpms of motocross and racing as good...

Define head work. I was hoping to do as much myself as possible. I was hoping I could just get an IN valve kit and be done but I've read about cutting the head and all that. Then I might as well grab a new piston while I have the motor that far stripped. Do you usually do all that with new valves? I have both the owners manual and Honda service manual and just a step above the everyday tool kit. One thing I was considering was the expense of all the extra tools I'd need to get. Perhaps I can tear the cylinder off myself and send the whe thing somewhere to get redone?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took the cylinder head off and got a set of pro X ss intake valves and springs. Dropped them by a Honda service center, they cut the seats and installed the new intakes. This took two weeks since they were backlogged as usual. I just put the bike back together and was so pumped, I just about kicked it with no oil or coolant. But after the finishing touches and rechecking everything I kicked it about 10 times to pump some oil around and then gave it 3 twists of throttle and kicked it. I couldn't believe it when it fired right up on the first kick! Thanks again for the help. I still have the bogging problem but I think I will try a jet kit. Any suggestions on that?