Sign in to follow this  

1999 rm125 fauling plugs fast!

What would make my plugs faul realy fast?I heard something about a leaking cover would make it pull oil into the cylinder.the plug is black after just a few rides, rides of just a few mins.

if it just started doing it randomly it cant be the jetting, jetting just doesnt get screwed up ramdomly, unless you changed some jets then it could be your right side crank seal. Check the oil level in your bottom end and see if its missing oil if it is then theres your answer

if it just started doing it randomly it cant be the jetting, jetting just doesnt get screwed up ramdomly, unless you changed some jets then it could be your right side crank seal. Check the oil level in your bottom end and see if its missing oil if it is then theres your answer

I just got the bike the other day so I dont know alot about it but I changed the crank case oil today and it had alot in it so i dont think its the crank seal.I also took the plugs by the local shop and they said it looks like im running rich so im going to mess with the jetting.

Its a 125 and you just bought it so I would replace the topend right away before I do any serious riding. The topend should be fresh before attempting any jetting changes.

Take Mihylos advice and throw a piston in it. I didn't take that great advice seriously (lack of knowledge and being a cheap a$$) and ultimately I was unable to acheive a cleanly jetted bike. The top end was very worn and therefore a huge waste of weeks worth of troubleshooting. The piston shattered shortly after, causing me MORE downtime and $$$$ I didn't need to spend if I would have listened!

The guy I got my bike from said he did the top end... He lied~