Sign in to follow this  

Yes or No,,, install Steering Damper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove all Advertisements

Well except for popping up a large rock and cracking my clutch cover the 2004 KX250 is pretty much set-up now.

Jetting is about perfect, FWW is on, Suspension seams to be plush over the chop etc.

I have a friend who baught a new WER steering damper for his 2001 XR600 and he sold the bike before he ever installed it. Years ago I traded him an air compressor for it thinking I might use it someday.

So I called WER and I can get the different mounting kit for it to work on my 04 KX for $99.....

Question is this,,,, I have never used one on a dirt bike,, is it worth doing?

Any KX riders out there like/dislike them?

thanks

i'd do it, wer is a unobtrusive damper that doesn't damp back towards center;you'll not even know is there until you hit something that should have jerked the bars from your hands....then it'll be 'wow thats what a steering damper does':thumbsup:

I would agree with mountain man. I had a WER on one of my KTMs and I liked it alot. The only thing I didn't like was that it seeemed unprotected but that was because I was breaking my front fenders with trees at the time. sold it with that bike and then bought a scotts for the above reason.WER makes a good damper,maybe just not as popular.