Calif. 08' Beta 525RR Plated???

anyone out there that's got an RR plated in Ca.?

I found one (plated) and I'm trying to figure out if I am going to loose the plate when I go to register it.:banana::excuseme:?

Also, what are the main differences between the RS and RR? Gearing, smog ????

Can't you contact your dealer or some other Beta dealerships? American Beta? There isn't much difference from what I see between the bikes. Like you said the smog, the gearing, lights, turnsignals, Headlight and controls. Maybe little stuff like a chainguard? Can a bajadesigns kit be adapted to ktm's and other bikes? Try checking for guys getting 450x hondas and 525ktmexc's to see if those have problems getting plated.

It's simple. Just buy a peice of property just across the river in Arizona, and register it here :banana:

In AZ you can practically register and license anything. All you need is a brakelight (just foot OK), headlight (doesn't need to have hi-beam, RR headlight OK) horn (bicycle squeeze OK) license plate light, and a mirror. Don't need turn lights. I easily licensed a Honda XR250R buy just rewireing the stock taillight with pressure switch, squeeze horn, and a mirror. Didn't bother with the license plate light as we don't ride on the street at night, and I figure it would take a real prick of a cop to cite for that (during the day, that is).

I recently researched the differences between the Beta RS & RR. The RR has a smaller headlight w/o hi-beam, smaller taillight & subfender but may be wired for brakelight, no horn, no turn signals, no associated switchgear and different wiring harness, no charcol canister, larger rear sprocket and maybe smaller front, and probably not jetted nearly as lean. Oh yeah, and no steering head lock. Other than that, I think they are pretty much the same.

It's simple. Just buy a peice of property just across the river in Arizona, and register it here :banana:

In AZ you can practically register and license anything. All you need is a brakelight (just foot OK), headlight (doesn't need to have hi-beam, RR headlight OK) horn (bicycle squeeze OK) license plate light, and a mirror. Don't need turn lights. I easily licensed a Honda XR250R buy just rewireing the stock taillight with pressure switch, squeeze horn, and a mirror. Didn't bother with the license plate light as we don't ride on the street at night, and I figure it would take a real prick of a cop to cite for that (during the day, that is).

I recently researched the differences between the Beta RS & RR. The RR has a smaller headlight w/o hi-beam, smaller taillight & subfender but may be wired for brakelight, no horn, no turn signals, no associated switchgear and different wiring harness, no charcol canister, larger rear sprocket and maybe smaller front, and probably not jetted nearly as lean. Oh yeah, and no steering head lock. Other than that, I think they are pretty much the same.

simple but expensive!?

So how did he get it plated?

He's a dealer and it was his personal bike registered in his name. It was an

08' hold-over so registered it for the 1st time in March of 09' and then put about a 1000 miles on it.

He did say that I could pay for the bike go to the DMV and reg. it and if there was any problems he'd give me all my money back. Which is completely fair but, doesn't give my any leg to stand on in the future. The main reason for the switch is the plate. :banana:

how much is this RR?

You can get some good deals still on a new 08 or 09 RS.

Did you talk to anyone at Simi?

If not, ask for Jeff Sealy, he's a good guy.

Good point. Get an RS and avoid the whole problem. If your dealer doesn't want to find one for you shop around. If you can I would say get the 525. It is so easy to ride. The bigger displacement is a benefit from what I can see.

how much is this RR?

You can get some good deals still on a new 08 or 09 RS.

Did you talk to anyone at Simi?

If not, ask for Jeff Sealy, he's a good guy.

Didn't "talk" with anyone at Simi just checked their website inventory and didn't see any Beta's new or used?:banana:

08 525 RR, plated, putting the OEM tank, exhaust, and forks back on, virtually unused, geared 14 or 15/50, scott's stablizer and he is going to put on all the lights, horn, etc. to make it street legal. $5200. This will be a personal transaction not a dealer transaction as it was his personal bike. He's giving me a 30 day warranty on everything except "stupid".

09' 525 RS $6700 plus tax/lic etc.

Good point. Get an RS and avoid the whole problem. If your dealer doesn't want to find one for you shop around. If you can I would say get the 525. It is so easy to ride. The bigger displacement is a benefit from what I can see.

I agree on the 525. I road a 525 exc a few years back at a KTM days and felt it was the best suited for my riding style....AKA. Lazy What can you expect from a guy who's only bike has been an XR400

Find a gear and enjoy:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't "talk" with anyone at Simi just checked their website inventory and didn't see any Beta's new or used??

08 525 RR, plated, putting the OEM tank, exhaust, and forks back on, virtually unused, geared 14 or 15/50, scott's stablizer and he is going to put on all the lights, horn, etc. to make it street legal. $5200. This will be a personal transaction not a dealer transaction as it was his personal bike. He's giving me a 30 day warranty on everything except "stupid".

09' 525 RS $6700 plus tax/lic etc.

So the only thing you are getting as extras on this used bike is a stabilizer? I would personally pay the $1500 more for a new, not used, fully street legal bike. Oh, and it is also a year newer, meaning that it will retain its value longer.

Did he stipulate that the tax and license are included on the 08 price, because DMV still wants there money.

And the CARB can decide to come after you at any time.?

So the only thing you are getting as extras on this used bike is a stabilizer? I would personally pay the $1500 more for a new, not used, fully street legal bike. Oh, and it is also a year newer, meaning that it will retain its value longer.

Did he stipulate that the tax and license are included on the 08 price, because DMV still wants there money.

And the CARB can decide to come after you at any time. ?

Yep, that's the conclusion I came to Sunday Morning around 10AM after putting my XR400 on CL at 11PM Saturday night for shits and giggles and it sold for my asking price.

The guy got a good deal and I pick my Beta 525RS later this week. ?:banana:? everyone is happy.

I ride mostly single track should I change the sprocket to a 50 right off the bat or try the stock gearing?

Yep, that's the conclusion I came to Sunday Morning around 10AM after putting my XR400 on CL at 11PM Saturday night for shits and giggles and it sold for my asking price.

The guy got a good deal and I pick my Beta 525RS later this week. ?:banana:? everyone is happy.

I ride mostly single track should I change the sprocket to a 50 right off the bat or try the stock gearing?

Go cheaper and just get a 13 up front first...just to try. I ended up with a 14/51 which is good for tight stuff but not good for going very fast. 50mph is all I would like to keep it at. ..depends on what kind of trails you got and the time on the pavement. Maybe a 14 /48 if you want a little higher top speed on the road. I have a variety of front and rear to switch around. Different gearing for different rides. I think the RR has 14/50. That is pretty good.

I think stock for the RS was a 15/45...felt like you could go 100mph.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider