Sign in to follow this  

Blackwater 100

I actually attended the Blackwater several times back in the late 80's...The race was an awesome experience! We got to ride the track after the races were over...

that link autodirects me someplace else

This one works.

Edited by usernamemx

I actually attended the Blackwater several times back in the late 80's...The race was an awesome experience! We got to ride the track after the races were over...

Sweet,i did't have my license yet so getting there was a little difficult lol.wish i had a chance to go.I recorded it on tv and watched it several times lol.

Sweet,i did't have my license yet so getting there was a little difficult lol.wish i had a chance to go.I recorded it on tv and watched it several times lol.

I was in college at the time. A friend of mine rode in the 4x4 utility class...The water crossing was insane....Beer flowed and the drunks were all over, helping bikes and quads get up the other side. Im suprised no spectators were seriously injured...

The Blackwater lasted until around 1993 when environmentalists blew a gasket over silt and polution of the river. Apearently a couple people pee'd in the water....

Edited by muxherdlr

I'm too young but I've heard stories about it. I heard guys would put nets in the creek after the race and collect beer cans. They'd leave with truck loads of cans.

My dad raced it in 1986 or 87 on a honda fatcat, a freaind raced a honda 250 R ATV.

Dad only rode one year, my friend raced several times and did pretty well in his class.

My dad was not a racer and was just trying finish.

He did pretty well beacuse he could pass all the regular bikes in the bogs.

They ened it before i was old enought to race. I remember the driunk red necks daming the creek crossings.

Raced it twice. The first time I was 14, my first cross country as it was called then. I made it halfway around the course on a honda XL125 before burring it up to the tank in a long bog section. It was only a 7 mile walk to just find a road. The second race at 19 on a KDX200 went much better. Finished the race in the top half of my class. I have all the videos produced. the earliest was from 1985.

Raced it twice. The first time I was 14, my first cross country as it was called then. I made it halfway around the course on a honda XL125 before burring it up to the tank in a long bog section. It was only a 7 mile walk to just find a road. The second race at 19 on a KDX200 went much better. Finished the race in the top half of my class. I have all the videos produced. the earliest was from 1985.

Any chance you could make copies?I would love to see them.

My father raced it a few times, the last year we attended ('92?) he placed 32nd in the sportquad class. I had a lot of fun there as a kid watching the racers in the pits and the ATV's/ trucks in the mud pit. My father was in one of the videos I know hes still got 3 or 4 different tapes.

I made some $$ as a kid there collecting beer cans with my brother!