Sign in to follow this  

Colorado VDR Hare Scrambles on Easter? changed to 4-11

Personaly, I dont care that the race is on Easter. My wife on the other hand might (will) have a problem with it. Anyone else going to miss the race because it is on Easter?

Later

My cousin and I won't make it. Easter is a terrible day for the race. This is two years in a row. :banana: hoping for a very snowy Easter.

Same for me...

I, personally, am hoping for a rain out/snow out since I have music duties at church for Easter morning. But the schedule's been posted since September - So I knew there would be a conflict.

But the schedule's been posted since September - So I knew there would be a conflict.

does not matter if the schedule is posted two years in advance it's still silly to have it on that day in my opinion.

does not matter if the schedule is posted two years in advance it's still silly to have it on that day in my opinion.

Aside from Halloween, it's pretty ridiculous (and counterproductive) to have a race scheduled on ANY holiday........

Can the April Hare Scramble be moved to April 18 instead of April 4?

April 4 is Easter, plus there are nearby RMXA races that me and alot of riders are going to:

- April 4 at Milliken

- April 11 at Brush

- April 25 at Sterling

There is no nearby RMXA race on April 18 making April 18 perfect for the April VDR Hare Scramble.

This is why I'm an aetheist - these kinds of holidays don't interfere with riding then. But seriously since I'm in the minority I suspect that alot of people will put family and church in front of riding and even if they knew about it for a while, I suspect they will still prioritize in a way that doesn't favor having a bunch of people at a race.

I hate seeing dates change, but if there's some way to accomidate the family obligations and the other races I bet it would improve the turn out. These things are way more fun when lots of people come out to play.

There is no nearby RMXA race on April 18 making April 18 perfect for the April VDR Hare Scramble.

You forgot about SRAC. They have races on april 11 (Pueblo), 18 (Lakewood), and 24 (Grand Junction). VDR can't run a race on the same weekend there is a SRAC race.

That's one of the reason (or excuse) Miliken lost their SRAC race.

You forgot about SRAC. They have races on april 11 (Pueblo), 18 (Lakewood), and 24 (Grand Junction). VDR can't run a race on the same weekend there is a SRAC race.

^^^^ Not quite as accurate as it should be.

I'll be spending that morning with my family. Hopefully all three of us will see you on the starting line. :lol:

:banana:

I think that the reason that Miliken lost there SRAC race if i remember right was because they held an RMXA race in direct competition to a SRAC race on the same day. I know that VDR HS has had races on the same days as RMXA and SRAC races and they still get there MX races from both organizations.

How about saturday, Sunday every Sunday I work so Sunday races don't work for me.

This is why I'm an aetheist - these kinds of holidays don't interfere with riding then. But seriously since I'm in the minority I suspect that alot of people will put family and church in front of riding and even if they knew about it for a while, I suspect they will still prioritize in a way that doesn't favor having a bunch of people at a race.

I hate seeing dates change, but if there's some way to accomidate the family obligations and the other races I bet it would improve the turn out. These things are way more fun when lots of people come out to play.

Well- with the weather pattern we've had this year, don't be surprised if we have snow on 2 or 3 Sundays in April!

Me too. my girls have volleyball tournaments on Sundays, so I miss a lot of HS.