Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R and WR250F

Me and a buddy went to go ride some powerlines and trails by his work when he got off. I got new exhaust on my WR so it was good to get out and break some of the packing in. Yes I need tires in the worst of ways lol.

His bike is an 04 CRF250R. His bike used to be all Hooters graphics and all but now he is going to turn it back to a stock red/white look similar to how the 2010's look. The reason it has white number plates now is because it feel off his trailer going down the interstate and ripped off his black plastics lol.

Anyways pics aren't anything spectacular but I'll share them. No action shots as it was pretty flooded where we rode and no time to get off to take some pics.

pacocrf250r.jpg

bothbikesrear.jpg

bothbikeswoods.jpg

bothbikeswoods2.jpg

Having a steam pressure washer at his work kicked ass after riding!!

crf250rwash.jpg

wr250fwash.jpg

man everytime I see your bike I fall more and more in love, its just everything that I like, clean and flowing.

what exhaust is that? a dr. d?

How do you like the LEXX? I've been looking at switching my loud FMF over to the LEXX and haven't seen to many people with it to ask questions.

How do you like the LEXX? I've been looking at switching my loud FMF over to the LEXX and haven't seen to many people with it to ask questions.

Here is a short review I did with more pics and a video of it (the video doesn't really do it justice). I like it a lot, especially for the money!! :banana:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884576

That exhaust looks pretty sick!

Thanks!

never heard of em, but it looks cool and quiet too (based on the outlet size)

It's an in-house brand of Rockymountainatv. Originally started out just available for quads but now they carry it for bikes too.

It comes with two tips. A "quiet core" w/ spark arrestor and a 46mm "race" tip. With the 46mm in it's way too loud for the type of riding I do (OHV parks, forestry, local trails). They also make a another tip called the Trail Saver which is very quiet as it's a smaller diameter than the quiet core and also turns down inside the rear cap. See vids http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?partNo=1201920016&listingNumber=&qty=1&vehicleId=67&navType=type&prodFamilyId=19536&navTitle=Exhaust&webCatId=18&webTypeId=57&quickAddByPart.x=57&quickAddByPart.y=7#vehicleSelect

Here you can see both tips. It's a simple 3 allen head bolt removal from the cap that also goes thru both tips. The 46mm tip sits on top of the smaller quiet core tip that has the spark arrestor made on it....

exhaustinstalled.jpg

exhausttips.jpg

Quiet core/sparky

quietcoreandsparkarrestor.jpg

ha you think you need new tires you should see mine. the tread is seriously about a quarter inch if that. but i just ordered a new tire so its cool.

Yeah I've seen worse but these don't hook for anything anymore (Dunlop 756 rear and 739FA front). Riding on anything slick or loose feels like flirting with disaster. I can't tell you how many low or high sides I've had to make myself save lol. They have been great for going over rocky terrain though. I think I'm going to try the Bridgestone 404 and 403 for my next intermediate tires. Which did you decide on?

Yeah I've seen worse but these don't hook for anything anymore (Dunlop 756 rear and 739FA front). Riding on anything slick or loose feels like flirting with disaster. I can't tell you how many low or high sides I've had to make myself save lol. They have been great for going over rocky terrain though. I think I'm going to try the Bridgestone 404 and 403 for my next intermediate tires. Which did you decide on?

i got the bridgestone m102 mud and sand tire. the place i go riding has tons of real loose sand but the the trails i rise on there are real rocky so im not sure how good its going to hold up in the trails. i maybe should have got the ones your getting

You should have seen my tire when it was at the end of it's life,i did a 5th gear burnout on the cement:smirk:i wish i had some pics:(.