Sign in to follow this  

need help picking a new bar!!!!

I have a 2003 YZ 250 with the stock HENRY/REED bar I am 6 foot tall the bar is to low for me it hurts my back when I stand I do all trail riding no motocross what bar and bend would be best for me Thanks

Look up the dimensions for that bend and then compare those to other bars available. You will be able to see what has more rise(taller) and less sweep which also opens up the cockpit a bit too. I've found a few mm's to make a substantial difference. There's also mounts to raise your current bars too.

Look close at the windam bend model. Its taller, has less sweep , and is more comfortable.

You will be ok as you have an idea of what you dont like about the bars you have. Otherwise, its a lot like asking what shoes fit the best.

i run the ktm bend.....its real straight...or any bend that has the least about of pullback

the cr high, windham rm mid, and the pastrana fmx are about as tall as you can get. The pastrana bend is the tallest of the bunch.

I have run the cr high and the windham on my yz. I think I prefer the cr high because when I rotate it to the +2 position the sweep seems to suit my hands the best. The windham in the same position has less pull back and my thumb cramps up.

Look close at the windam bend model. Its taller, has less sweep , and is more comfortable.

You will be ok as you have an idea of what you dont like about the bars you have. Otherwise, its a lot like asking what shoes fit the best.

I go 6'3" and run the Windham PT's with Applied +10mm clamps on the stock YZ top clamp (also have the Fastway LowBoy Footpegs) on my '07 250. The Factory Suzuki (RM) is a good bend for taller riders as well. Also, Henry/Reed is not a stock YZ bend. The stock PT's are fine if you are 5'9" or shorter.

I believe the CR High bend has a lot of sweep - go for it if that's what you like. A friend of mine is tall and he has them with a set of risers (feels like ape hangers to me!).

Like one of the previous posters, I like the renthal KTM bend as well - its very straight with minimal pullback, however its probably not what you want since its also very low.