Sign in to follow this  

dirt/sumo changeover folks

I'm running stock SM gearing 15/41, for on road use what size rear sprocket should i go up to and how big can i go without having to add a link when going to the dirt wheels?

thanks

-Zac

I'm running stock SM gearing 15/41, for on road use what size rear sprocket should i go up to and how big can i go without having to add a link when going to the dirt wheels?

thanks

-Zac

just did the dirt wheels thing to mine...... 44 tooth rear is the largest you can go with stock chain unless you drop to 14 tooth countershaft sprocket.

Frank

just did the dirt wheels thing to mine...... 44 tooth rear is the largest you can go with stock chain unless you drop to 14 tooth countershaft sprocket.

Frank

Are you sure the largest rear sprocket you can fit with a 110 links is 44t, from 15/41? I just tried it when I was switching over a few days ago, and it was a "no go." The rear sprocket hit the bottom chain guide. This is on a "sm" we're talking about right?:banana:

I am in the middle with 14/39 sumo so when I change over to dirt I throw in a short chain section with two masters. I thought it might cause problems with two masters but so far no issues after alot of miles.

Are you sure the largest rear sprocket you can fit with a 110 links is 44t, from 15/41? I just tried it when I was switching over a few days ago, and it was a "no go." The rear sprocket hit the bottom chain guide. This is on a "sm" we're talking about right?:banana:

yup K7 SM....stock 110 link chain.... 44 tooth rear sprocket fit mine fine

i had to run my chain adjusters in but no other worries.

still running the 15 tooth C/S sprocket.

Frank

I went from 14/41 sumo to 14/44 s wheels and I was a half link short. Although my chain was nearly new so it wasn't adjusted too far back yet. I haven't checked to see if the new chain would run out of adjustment with the sumo setup yet.

yeah stock length aftermarket chain @ 110 links & SM swingarm. i'll grab a cheap JT or whatever sprocket off fleabay and hope for the best in 44t flavor.

I dunno your setup but I started with my stock S model and its stock chain (112) and use 44 SM and 47 Dirt.

And yes I am sure of that.