Sign in to follow this  

2002 kx250 Pipe

I have 2 nice dents in my kx250 2 stroke pipe. I was wondering if anyone has taken the dents out by themselves. I have heard of people applying heat and air pressure inside to pop the dents out. Has anyone tried this. What did you use to seal the ends.

Fill the pipe with water and plug both end's, put in freezer and check on it frequently. When the dents are gone remove it from the freezer and thaw it out. If you don't keep an eye on it then you'll be buying a new pipe.

I have tried at all. Freezing left me with many cracked pipes, as the ice tends to split the pipe open at the seems. The plugging and heating with a torch is the best.

I used rubber freeze plugs from an autoparts store to plug the ends. I used a threaded rim air valve and put it through the large freeze plug by drilling a hole through it.

50 PSI and some heat is all it took. I never even had to hit it.

I've just done mine with the air and blowtorch method. Works a treat. just don't use too much pressure or heat, if you do you can end up with a bulge where the dent was. Here's my kit, shrader valve at one end and plug at the other. Simple.

Image047.jpg