Sign in to follow this  

Front Fork Springs

I was trying to figure out what stock spring was in my 05 CRF450x as all the microfiche's I have looked at list 3 different part numbers, each with a different spring 4.4, 4.6, and 4.8. But I have found nothing telling me which one of those was in my bike. I have looked at my springs and there is nothing stamped on them so I have no idea what the stock springs were in my bike. Anybody have a idea?:banana:

Ok, now I'm really confused as the microfiches I looked at all listed these three part numbers and springs..... no 4.5, 4.7, or 4.9:banghead:

SPRING, FR. FORK (4.6N/MM) 51401-MEY-003

SPRING, FR. FORK (4.4N/MM) 51402-MEY-003

SPRING, FR. FORK (4.8N/MM) 51403-MEY-003

.47 sounds right since Factory Connection switched mine out for .48 springs because I weight 180 without gear.

lol good thing i like my bike soft , i have stock springs and i weigh 200 minus gear , 220-225 with , but i love the way my bike feels

*i gained 20+lbs after i broke my neck last year , so i am just getting active again and have a big gut to shed so i figure no sense getting stiffer springs , i will use it as incentive to drop the weight i gained from sitting on my ass all this last year !

I run a .50 in mine and have a friend who has a Yamaha with Showa Forks and he has

.46 in his. He wanted to go a bit heavier and asked what my stock springs were. Thus started this thread as I had no idea. So it looks like they are slightly heavier then the ones he has in his now. Thanks for the info. I have no manual so all I had to go on was the fiches online.