Sign in to follow this  

BMW G6550X Challenge Or Husqvaran SM610

I've been flip flopping between these 2 bikes and I've finally got the cash together to buy one of them, but I'm still kinda on the fence. I started out wanting a DR350, then got a tax refund, then wanted a DRZ, then I saved up a bit because I didnt think I would be comfertable on the Freeways here in LA/Ventura.

So I'm at the BMW G650x Challenge or Husqvarna SM610.

How I will be using:

Joy riding through the Santa Monica Mountains, Malibu, central coast and mountains. Going through the canyons and if I find a dirt road or trail, take it excetera.

Trips from LA to Santa Barbara and beyond?

Camping bike-Loading it up with side bags and getting lost.

I don't think I would use either to it's fully intended purpose, i.e. I wouldnt be going wild in the canyons on the supermoto and I don't think I would get too wild in the dirt.

Basically I want an entry level adventure type bike. First real bike by the way.

What do you guys and gals if your out there think:bonk:

I think you shouldn't blow your wad on your first bike. I bought my first real dirtbike in 25 years about 4 years ago. I'm on my 5th one now, and think I've finally figured out what I want.

Thanks for the response Porterdog. I was orignaly just going to get something to mess around locally, but I've had the urge to get a bike to ride..... for the past 15 years and have never done it. I'm 27 now and am finacially secure. I've saved up for a bike responsibly, it's shits and giggles cash I've been putting away and I'll have cash to buy another in the summer. I just want something I can take on the freeway north of Los Angels to the central coast and be able to take on the dirt and camp with.

I sat on a Husky sm610 at the dealer today. LOVE... I may buy new. All the used bikes I was looking at sold so I may buy new and put some Avon Distanzias on a Husky.

Anyone out there? I haven't seen much BMW or Husky love on this site... ADV, SMJ?