Sign in to follow this  

GAERNE SG 12 BOOTS vs ALPINESTARS TECH 10 BOOTS

I have been looking for some new Boots and need some advice what do you think is Overall better. The GAERNE SG 12 BOOTS vs ALPINESTARS TECH 10 BOOTS. And if i got white would it change color after riding with them for a while. Which boot weighs more and does the ankle pivot system help very much. Thanks in Advance For All Your Help!:banana:

i have always worn alpine stars boots but recently broke my ankle whilst in a rut so went and spent the money on some new sg12's and have no regrets most comfortable boots i have ever worn and way more stable around the ankle

I have a set of the Tech 10..great boot. They fit great and break in so fast. The white set I have still looks good...but I do clean them after each ride. I never owned a set of Gaerne boots..so I dont know much about them....if you research threads on here....there are so many on these boots...Alot of good and somewhat useless info on these two brands........good luck....

Tech 10s are my favourite boot. The biggest problem is they hate water and trail-riding conditions. To be honest they really don't stand-up to the wear and tear of dirt-bike use very-well.

I love the fit so much I am resigned to buying a new pair every year, as after one year the are pretty much looking ragged.

I've never owned or worn Tech 10's, but I can tell you the SG12's are the most comfortable boots I've ever had. I have had a white pair for about a year now and they still look nice. I make it a point to clean bike and all my gear right after riding. I would not hesitate to buy anothe pair.

I have owened both and the SG12 will out last the A-Stars hands down! I also feel that they offer better protection. Gaerne boots are the best hands down in my book.

both are top of the line boots. i have the tech 10s and love them (tech 10s can usually be had on sale) but have heard great things about the sg-12s. look for the better deal, and if they're the same price, go for looks.

i have always worn alpine stars boots but recently broke my ankle whilst in a rut so went and spent the money on some new sg12's and have no regrets most comfortable boots i have ever worn and way more stable around the ankle

Which alpinestars were you wearing?

Tech 10’s are very comfortable and I like how low they are. Other boots feel like walking on stilts after Tech 10’s. You can replace the sole insert your self with ease once you know you need alot of heat. If you want them to be good in water use sno seal and don't buy the white ones (they have vents). A guy I ride with has SG12's and loves them so you won't go wrong no mater what way you go.

What Astars were you wearing? I'm thinking not Tech 10s

MAX!!!

Most offroad racers will tell you that Tech 8's are better than Tech 10's. However, when it comes to protection, which is my main concern when riding, neither top the Gaerne. Just look at the ankle area and consider the weight of the plastic on the Gaerne. Yeah, the Astars are lighter, but that comes at a cost.

Most offroad racers will tell you that Tech 8's are better than Tech 10's. However, when it comes to protection, which is my main concern when riding, neither top the Gaerne. Just look at the ankle area and consider the weight of the plastic on the Gaerne. Yeah, the Astars are lighter, but that comes at a cost.

How so? The inside bootie controls any excessive ankle twisting. I speak from experience: My foot got caught in a wreck and rotated far enough to cause a hairline fracture..But the orthopod told me if it wasn't for the quality of the boot, I would have snapped the tibia.

Between my shin guards, which go inside the boot and the boot itself, I feel quite safe. That is sayin' somethin' cuz I race the carnage class.:banana:

The SG12's are a much superior boot. Talk to anyone who has worn both of them.

I have never owned a pair of a-stars but i hear they have bad soles, i currently have white boots and they are now not too white anymore, i am getting black next time. But i also did not wash my boots very often so that might be why.

Anyway, i am getting a new pair of boots and i think i would go with the Sidi Crossfires. Second would be Gaerne.

Good video, shows how flexible but stable the boot is.

The SG12's are a much superior boot. Talk to anyone who has worn both of them.

I wasn't comparing them to anything. It is pretty tough pill to swallow when it comes to changing your boot choice. I am the first guy to admit the tech 10s leave a lot to be desired...But conversely I am used to them and they do offer me all the protection I need. If I didn't ride only MX, I would consider a sturdier boot.

But for now...I am happy with them. All my spare protection money is going for my leatt.

I have never owned a pair of a-stars but i hear they have bad soles, i currently have white boots and they are now not too white anymore, i am getting black next time. But i also did not wash my boots very often so that might be why.

Anyway, i am getting a new pair of boots and i think i would go with the Sidi Crossfires. Second would be Gaerne.

Good video, shows how flexible but stable the boot is.

I went to Bobs Cycle yesterday and tried on Gaerne sg10's and the Sidi crossfires. I liked both, never tried the tech 10's they where more money and have been told the quality is not as good. I went with the Crossfires hope I made a good choice, I got lucky and got 60 dollars off on them yesterday. They did cost a lot, 440, but hope the protection they offer is worth it.

Another vote for tech 10's. I have sg10's and they don't compare. Didn't get a chance to try out the sg12's yet, but I like my tech's.