Sign in to follow this  

2008 pw50

please help me with this bike!!I dont know anything about it and i just bought 1 for my 6 year old.It seems to have a hard time starting it consistently and it seems to have a hard time running correctly without the choke on half way.Is there any aftermarket parts i could buy to make it run a little better?this bike is 100% stock and i cant seem to figure out whats wrong.:banana:

thank you for such a quick response.i'll try what you suggested and see how it goes...if not you'll hear again.:banana:

basics, fresh gas, clean filter, and fresh plug.

check the compression and clean the carb. get the pilot and idle screws within factory specs and start from there.

these bikes are pretty bullet proof. once set, they should kick over and run every time.

Don't spend the effort cleaning the pilot jet. I had the same issue with a PW80 I bought for my son. The hole in the pilot jet is soooo small that it is virtually imposible to clean. Just head down to the dealer and pick up a new pilot jet. I think mine was about $3.00. The new pilot jet fixed the problem.

Don't spend the effort cleaning the pilot jet. I had the same issue with a PW80 I bought for my son. The hole in the pilot jet is soooo small that it is virtually imposible to clean. Just head down to the dealer and pick up a new pilot jet. I think mine was about $3.00. The new pilot jet fixed the problem.

just soak in carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air. we have raced our 08 for a few years now and never had any issues with replacing parts. the key is to keep it from getting gummed up.

I'd like to thank all of you for helping me with my sons bike.After going over everything it turned out to be the pilot after all.Now the bike runs like a champ!Once again thanks:ride:

We had a PW50 for many years and constanly had the clogged pilot jet issue. Only way to deal with it is to 1) start the bike up religiously every week or so to keep the carb from gumming up or 2) if you won't be riding/starting for a while, put the bike outside, start it, shut off the fuel petcock and open the carb drain screw... this will drain the carb float bowl and circuitry and help prevent gumming up of the pilot jet.