Sign in to follow this  

Mud Behind Countershaft Sprocket

Every time I go riding I always get a whole bunch of mud/debris plugged up between my countershaft sprocket and my crank case, and it's irritating the heck out of me because I have to keep taking off the sprocket guard and the case saver and clean it all out. Does anybody else have this problem, and what can I do to get rid of it?

I just flush the mud out with water when it gets jammed up. Wish there was a way to keep it clear.

I removed the stock guard off of mine, but kept the steel case saver due to the same issue. No problems since removing it.

Maybe try using the XR on the road only:smirk:

I removed the stock guard off of mine, but kept the steel case saver due to the same issue. No problems since removing it.

:banana: Hmm, I guess I'll give that a try. I give some feedback later on how it goes!

As above mine doesn't have sprocket cover just the case saver, never clogs up and soon gets cleaned out with the pressure washer.

And yes it does see mud from time to time :banana:.

mud.jpg

muda.jpg

Every time I go riding I always get a whole bunch of mud/debris plugged up between my countershaft sprocket and my crank case, and it's irritating the heck out of me because I have to keep taking off the sprocket guard and the case saver and clean it all out. Does anybody else have this problem, and what can I do to get rid of it?

Do you have the chain guard/shield over the top of swingarm? The mud may be getting there riding on the chain.

No, I just got the stock guard that covers the sprocket, and the stock case saver. I took the guard off today and I'm gonna do some riding tomorrow or Tuesday and see what happens. :banana: