Sign in to follow this  

landing from jumps

where ae your feet when u land from a jump are u on teh balls of your feet when u land or are u on your arch?

Depends, if generally a good idea to be on your arches, especially if you're gonna case it or the landing might be rough. more possibility of ankle damage on the balls of your feet. otherwise though, try to stay on the balls of your feet.

Depends, if generally a good idea to be on your arches, especially if you're gonna case it or the landing might be rough. more possibility of ankle damage on the balls of your feet. otherwise though, try to stay on the balls of your feet.

i agree....kinda just comes with experience...but with me i just land and hope for the best haha

i ask becasue i went riding and i pulled my left calf leg and i kindasprained my ankle it hurt for a day but im oki now

I agree with whats been posted so far. For me it depends on how big the jump is and what the landing is like. If I know the landing is a suspension crusher, I go to the arches. If its smooth landing I stay on the balls (feet that is, however the other set gets crushed evey now and then). If you strain your calf, then I bet you got to far back on the pegs.

generally arches or slightly in front of them. if you land hard and youre on your balls of feet you risk greater injury. and like previously stated, it comes with experience...

I'm almost always on the balls of my feet which makes it difficult for me to shift while standing sometimes. Years of football made it second nature to be that way and have left my calves much more toned, strong and flexible than the rest of me :banana: