Sign in to follow this  

drz125 carb leak. Any idea?

Ok, this is really pissing me off...

I cleaned the carb, put it back together, started, ran then started leaking out the bowl overflow tube.

I take it back apart and the float needle seemed to be sticking in the seat. I clean it out, again!, and put it back together...starts, runs then starts leaking out the bowl overflow tube again.

I take it back apart. This time I really get into it and clean the needle and seat again, I think I find a bit more gunk, but I'm not sure...I put it back together and starts, runs and starts leaking out the...you know where...

I'm ready to whack the thing with a hammer (and yeah, I did tap it to see if the float was getting stuck or something...no luck).

Any ideas? I'm on the verge of checking the float for pinholes...though it's hasn't had any fluid inside at any time I've taken it apart before...

Anybody got a stock carb they'd part with cheap?

It could be that the needle/seat need to be replaced, and that all the cleaning in the world won't fix it.

And make sure to blow air both directions down the inlet to the carb (where you attach the fueline from your tank) I had a grass seed stuck in mine once.....chased my tail for awhile. I was even blowing it out. Finally one day I was blowing in the inlet with my mouth when something hit my hand, BAM!! grass seed, been great ever since. And if that does not work. Ill check tomorrow on the stock carb. If I still have one, I will make it VERY cheap.

Tom

Thanks, man...I gotta get this bike outta my garage! Between this one and the xr650L, they're killin me!

I effen give up...five times trying...I even tried bending the deal on the float to get the needle to seal better...

Anybody got a dece stock carb laying around?

Take the needdle SEAT out , once removed, Check the "O" ring SEAL MUSNT BE : cracked, Loosen, seamed, lost elasticity etc. (mine was cracked after 5 years from new!)

I´ll rather change it to start with, its cheap! (I got mine from a plumber shop) and can save you a load of headaches.