Sign in to follow this  

Tulsa C-list GSXR Can Scam

Anyone else buy the GSXR can off of Tulsa's Kreigslist that never shows up?

I thought the guy was straight up, he sent pics and we exchanged many emails. He gets my payment, $100 shipped for a mint take-off, and drops off the radar. I do think he actually had one, so he must have sold it some more.

It was p-pal, so I might get my bread back. But I'm doubtful.

Just a heads up.

contact paypal. the longer u wait the harder it is to get out. they will put a freeze on his bank account for the $100 and if its not in there, as soon as there is money, it will take it out and give it to you. this happened to me on a ebay purchase.

Yes, thanks. Did that days ago.

Just putting it out to the fraternity here so the guy doesn't sucker someone else.

Sorry to hear that he got you like that. Thanks for passing the information on to us and I hope Paypal can help you and also remove him from their service.

Okay, I e-mailed the seller of a locally advertised (New Orleans) 2002 GSX-R 1000 to ask about his stock muffler - http://neworleans.craigslist.org/mcy/1659679286.html. His response proves that the sale is obviously a scam. Instead of getting mad, I thought that I'd get a little laugh by taking some inspiration from http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/. Below is my sequence of e-mail exchanges - I will update if more take place! :thumbsup:

------------------------------------------

From me to sale-snm77-1659679286@craigslist.org

Hello,

I'd like to buy the stock muffler from your 2002 GSX-R 1000 if you still have it, and if it's in great condition (no dents, road rash, scratches, etc.).

Thanks for your time and help!

-------------------------------------------

From "Raymond Saunders" (raym3ndsaundrs@hotmail.com) to me

Hi ,

There are 12456 miles on it, the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. it comes with a clean title and the price I'm selling it for is $2870, which is including all charges. I used to live in Dallas but I'm currently working in the UK (London) and I'll be moving here permanently within the next few months. The bike is stored at UPS warehouse the title and all paperwork is along with the bike in their possession. I'm using ebay for this transaction and the bike one to be delivered by UPS, so if you want to move forward with the purchase, let me explain you how they work and how we can proceed: to start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to eBay and they will notify you with all the instructions how to purchase the bike from me (payment, shipping, return policy etc.). after your payment was confirmed you can receive them in about 48 hours ( with tracking # ) . you will have a 14-day return policy starting with the day you receive the bike, so you will have the chance to test and inspect it before funds are released. if you decide to keep it, they have the Power of Attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days. anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.

if you want to purchase it, I will be waiting your email so we can get started.

Please check my feedback : http://myworld.ebay.com/the*ocean.

Thank You

-----------------------

From me to "Raymond Saunders" (raym3ndsaundrs@hotmail.com)

I'll buy it for $1, but it will take me some time to get the money together. What's your bank account number and routing number? I'll wire the money once you send me this information. Also, what's your mailing address? I'll also look for your date of birth and social security number.

MAN! I am laughing my A$$ off reading that ebolamonkeyman stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I found that exact GSXR ad trolling for cans last month. Sounded too weird and convoluted to be real. Thanks for exposing this turd.

The Tulsa GSXR Scam has a happy ending after all. Paypal, those corksoakers, actually refunded my full money. The seller never responded. Cool!

Glad you got your money back. Man, that New Orleans ad should have everybody's alarm bells ringing. There are just to many dead give aways. UPS storing the bike for him! eBay having power of attorny??? Fourteen day return poicy??? Then there is the wording of the email itself. Have fun with that one DR DA DA. I love ebolamonkeyman. I spent all night reading posts on his sight one night. I've started using his tactics on the turds that send me emails for the $2 million ATM cards and stuff like that.