Sign in to follow this  

Hare scramble on a ttr 125

Hi, i took third in my first race, a hare scramble last sunday on a ttr125... lost to two hot chicks on 450's.....i do alot of trail riding but never thought of racing as i have only my ttr and im just a broke ranch kid haha. but anyways i was wondering how i would hold up in enduro's and hare scrambles..just trying to decide if its worth getting my hopes up or not

thanks

The one thing I know about a TTR125 is.. They have absolutely no power for any kind of racing. Mine barely was able to get up the hills at the local trails.

On the track on that thing was horrid. I was riding 4th or 5th gear around the whole track. In my opinion, keep the bike for around the house and trails. Don't race it.

Agreed, fun little trail/play bike, but not a race bike by any means. I loved mine, had a blast on it, but I outgrew its capabilities pretty quickly.

well i guess im gonna race in the c class cause i was riding with my friend today and she said i have to...so i have to

You should really look into the KX 100 if full size bikes are too small..

if i get a different bike its deffinately going to be a yz or 125sx but for now im just gonna race c clas with all the begginners and just have fun

if i get a different bike its deffinately going to be a yz or 125sx but for now im just gonna race c clas with all the begginners and just have fun

Good, have fun...:banana:

I would get a ktm 200exc over a 125sx or yz125 any day of the week for hare scrambles... It makes about the same hp, has tons more torque, off road suspension, light and a 6 speed wide ratio tranny...