Sign in to follow this  

Ohlins 2.1

Im considering buying a steering stablizer for my 09. The Ohlins 2.1 has my curiosity but I cant find much info about it besides what Ohlins has on their website. Does anyone have experience with this unit? Will it work with the RG3 tripple clamps? Can it be adjusted so there is almost no drag for tight mx tacks?

I have the Ohlin's 2.1 and it was very easy to install and looks great. Works with standard hight bar mounts as well. Same model works with the 09/10 450. (SD-512)

I have only ridden with it once and I really could not tell a difference using stock settings.

DL - 12 clicks out

RTC - 6 clicks out

These settings are for MX. I plan to change the RTC to 4 clicks out for the next ride.

So far the only thing that I can tell its doing is that it provides a great clickable way to "slow down" the steering, which these bikes need. I am still on the fence with the RTC and how good it works. Will know in another couple of rides.

PM me if you want to see pics.

Edited by 50IsTheNew25

Our steering dampers are not steering Stabalizers. They are not designed to reduce headshake. Our damper only dampens from Out coming back to center. Stabilzers work in both directions, going out and coming back.