Sign in to follow this  

any one gone from an 07 to 09 or 10 450r ??

Hi guys just after an opinion from any one that has gone from an 07 to an 09 or 010 crf 450r as im seriously thinking of going the 2010.

Im no racer, just like to ride Mx tracks with my mates on practice days, the 07 I have is pretty snappy, and all the reports Ive read indicate the 2010 is a more managable mellow motor ?? and the power delivery is linear and not as abrupt ??

I ride my 07 okay but it wears me out and the fact im 37 doesnt help as well :lol:

kind regards

chris :banana:

Hey Chris, i had a brand new 2007 for a while until it was unfortunately stolen at which point i bought an 09. i can honestly say my 07 felt like it packed twice the punch as the 09, but more in the right places. the 09 is a stellar ride don't get me wrong, it just requires tweaking to get it too perform. if it were me.. personally i would stick with the 07 and save your money to dial that in and keep it maintained. im in the same boat as you, i dont race, just mess around on tracks. im sure others will have a different opinion then me, but from an amateur's stand point its not worth the switch. you could always tame your current bike if you feel it wears you out too quickly.