1987 tt350

I'm considering a tt350 for sale locally. Its a 1987. I don't know much about these bikes. I was looking for a xr400 but had no luck. I need something to putt in the woods with my daughter on her ttr125. How do they compare to a xr400? And what is one worth in good shape? I have know idea. I'm a yamaha man at heart, just don't want a bike taht has troubles or can't get parts for. Any help is geatly appreciated.

I know that bike pretty well because a riding buddy of mine rode one for years back in those days.

Solid bike with good performance.

If it runs properly and doesn't need any serious work done to make it work right, offer $500.

If it's a rat bike that needs work, don't bother.

I have been runninng an 1986 XT350 for the past 11 years. The TT350 was the dirt bike version of the XT350 which is a dual purpose. The TT350 was only offered in 1986-87 and the XT350 was built 1985-2000(north america). The bikes share similar properties just that the TT350 was heavier built for off road use only. 350 air cooled, single cylinder, 4 valves and dual carb type setup. I have put 8000 off road miles on my XT and maintain it quite often. The engine oil bathes the clutches so change the oil often to keep from contaminating the clutch packs. I would offer as high as 800 if it was real clean and well maintained. It is a solid motor mount setup and I find it noisy even when it is tuned correctly. With some re-jetting, performance muffler and re-gearing, it can be a fun trail bike. Good Luck.:banana:

I owned a 1985 XT350, a 1986 TT350 and a 1998 Honda XR400. The TT350 had a much superior suspension than the XT and felt much lighter. The XR400 has about 5 more HP and more torque than the XT or TT and has a disc rear brake. The XR400 was a unpredictable starter compared to the TT which also felt lighter than the Honda. I have tried to buy my old TT back several times. Dirt Bike called it the Rodney Dangerfield of dirt bikes as it didn't get the respect it deserved.

I just picked up a very clean 87 tt350 and my brother has a xr 400 and I have been going head to head between his bike and my new and unproven bike.