Sign in to follow this  

want to put a power up jet kit in my 230

hey,

as you all probably know i have a 2003 Honda crf-230. I was reading the sticky about the power up and how affective they are! Can some one tell me a place to get the power up? or a link that points me in the direction of what i need?

thanks a million

Dan

imo go to your dealer ask for sizes 118-132 keihn long hex main jets(your only lookin at 20 bucks or so here). use your stock needle and adjust as neccesary. id also pick up sizes 45 and 48 pilot jets, stock is 42.

I have had the power up needle and ran the 132 main jet but i found it to be too rich i tried many different jetting specs and ended up with the stock needle on the 4th clip/120 mj and 48 sized pilot bout 1 turn out on the fuel screw. I could never get the power up needle to feel quite right, the oem needle

Your best bet is to start reading alot about jetting a dirtbike, theres plenty of info available on this forum and imo you are always better of spending the time to dial in your jetting rather then simply installing a recomended setup. After you ride and adjust jetting for a while and learn your bike, jetting changes will be a breeze and you will always feel/know what you need to adjust. The crf230 is a great bike to learn with.