Sign in to follow this  

WR 250 09 or 10?

What makes you think the new suspension is any better at all?

The 09 suspension is pretty darned good for my speed, skill, weight, preferences and terrain. I ride A/expert class in dez and enduro, lots and lots of rocks and technical stuff, steep ups and downs, big whoops, g-outs, jumps, sand, etc...

I only have a few rides on my 09, but part of the reason i bought a leftover 09 was because I knew i liked the feel of the marzocchi forks. Being $1000 cheaper fer sher had an influence to o.

I think I'm pulling the trigger on an 09 myself as the "new" Jap forks are supposedly an older open chamber design that I am familiar with, plus a grand buys alot of Coors.

I think I'm pulling the trigger on an 09 myself as the "new" Jap forks are supposedly an older open chamber design that I am familiar with, plus a grand buys alot of Coors.

Werd. i'm sure the kayabas are good forks, but nothing super special, and i had ridden the zokes already and knew i liked them. For my terrain, speed, skill and preferences, the stock suspension setup is very good. It's just as good on big hits as my kx (revalved for dez racing) but plusher on small chop and rocks and square-edges. I have alot of confidence at speed.

(200 lbs fully geared up, mid-pack expert dez and enduro racer, fairly aggressive stand-up rider, prefers technical rocky tight difficult terrain).

I gotta agree with llama. The 50mm Zokes are sweet forks.

Huge improvement over the 45mm Zokes they replace and I would call them an improvement over any open chambered (pre 06') KYB forks I've ridden.

I find it funny that Husky drops 5 year old forks in their 2010 line and calls it an upgrade. I'm guessing they just got a hell of a deal on all those leftover KYB's sitting in factories that none of the other manufacturers wanted.