boots for wide feet....I mean WIIIIIDDDDEEE

I have feet that would classify as really freakin wide, it is a struggle to find regular shoes and sneakers let alone riding boots. I just gave away my tech 3's because they would take the skin right off the outside of my feet they were so tight, and I had done some research and heard they were good for wide feet.

If anybody has Fred Flintstone feet like me I would appreciate a suggestion for something that would accommodate exceptionally wide feet. Thanks

I wear a 9.5 EEEE. I think my foot qualifies as freakin wide too. My saving grace has been boot stretchers. As long as you can get a boot with leather it helps some. The good thing for me is that I can buy a size 11 boot and stretch it. It's too long, but it works for me, especially since I have custom orthodics made for the boot, so the footbed is comfortable. It takes a while to get used to the length, but that was my solution.

If you happen to already have a size 12, you may be in trouble. I know a guy who has boots custom made, he wears a 13EE. They're not moto boots though, more like loggers caulk boots without the spikes. Not for me.

My wife calls my feet flinstone feet too, that made me laugh to hear it from someone else. I wear 11.5EE and picked up a pair of cheap MSR boots. Not sure of the model, but they were around $90. They fit pretty well. although, they leak like a sieve(sp?) when getting into any sort of water or puddles.

I'd recommend going somewhere that has a selection on hand and try them on until you find something that fits. If you go cheap and mail order, your probably going to offset the savings by the return postage when they don't fit.

Quad E - the only unimpeachable indicator of intelligence and sophistication - right guys.

I feel your pain, right now I have a set of Tech 6's that are OK - and a pair of Gaernes that I like quite a bit - along with the duck feet I also have high insteps - so it's kind of the double whammy!

Carl "EEEE" Johansson

• 4 weeks later...